Saturday, August 15, 2009

County Fair 2009

It was County Fair time again! I LOVE the fair... It is so fun to watch the kids play with the animals and be exposed to things they aren't typically. Such as Betty here...


I call her Betty - just because - well I thought she was ugly and the name Ugly Betty came to mind...

See - just not all that attractive.

This honey was a beast! I was quite worried that she might roll right over on to my tiny children! But the kids LOVED brushing this lady!!!


Maggie was from one animal to the next so fast there was no snapping pictures of her. But Dallin really liked this goat. When we got home and were looking at the pictures he says, "Hey mom! That goat is smiling!!"


And he was...

Kind of spooky, if you ask me....

Then came the yo-yo champion. Those pics didn't turn out so great. After that, the smell of fried food was just too tempting.... So we went to get some!

After the cotton candy, that is....



French fries....

Then, of course....

A corn dog!

And it didn't take long...


for it to be completely GONE!


And Dallin's face tells it all. Totally content! Except I didn't have the blue cotton candy on my chin... Or the ketchup on my lips. That would just be Dallin's talent of getting food all over his face!


And Maggie... Well, you know her eating habits!

We didn't have to pay a dime for HER dinner! GROSS! She did actually eat some french fries.

Then I let the kids ride 2 rides. They chose this train and then the bouncy thingys. I figured why pay for rides at the fair when we have season passes to Lagoon????


On our way to the car we had to take a picture at the fair. Maggie just couldn't stand not knowing what was on the front. What a couple of nerds!

But they are my favorite nerds in the world!

I think that the times have truly changed. There was a RockBand Tournament at the County Fair! UGH!




As we were leaving the fair we saw these horses coming in. We left at about the time most people GET there!!! Anyway, Dallin started ROLLING and saying that the horses were wearing underpants on their heads! I tried to explain what they were for - but he wouldn't have it. They were DEFINITELY wearing underpants on their heads!!!

And I just don't understand why almost every event has to end this way....

But it does. I think I just over-tire my daughter.

But Dallin seems to still be happy - it must be the underpants....


This was the last thing I saw when leaving the fair. I thought it was hilarious!



And then best part about the evening??!!!

This picture took 2nd place in the Flowers section of the Photography Contest!!!!! YIPEE!

I love the fair!

1 comments:

LBBlum said...

congratulations!
I love your blog-- you must have your camera around your neck 95% of the time! you get such great photographs..

and I love the pictures... because they are soundless. that poor one of your daughter crying at the end.. :0( the drive home with tired kids is always the L-O-N-G-E-s-T!