Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Airplane Museum and Dancing



Dallin has had his heart set on going to the Hill Airplane Museum for quite a while now. We went for Joyschool last year and they got to dress up in these suits and play on simulators. He loved it. So we packed up yesterday and drove up there. We get there and they are closed on Tuesdays. Needless to say, my tenderheart was crushed. He cried. But we went up again today.
(BTW... the music is for Sarah today... Imani Coppola)


These planes are huge.


And it is very humbling being around all these planes that used to fly to protect our freedoms.

Look at these tires!


There was a midget plane...


Inside there was the room to dress up in and play. Also some science experiments... I think Maggie is HILARIOUS here!!!


Notice she isn't playing with the ball... She is "dwyin my hair, mamma!"

I love how she talks...

My future military boy...


And who knows about this one!


Dallin totally gets into all this kind of stuff...


I thought this was cool. But Maggie wouldn't look at me.


Again - Dallin in another simulator!


There are 2 really huge warehouses full of planes. I have done a blog entry on this before. We have been here a few times. But it seems like we come on the too cold days. So today we got to enjoy being outside and looking at THOSE planes too!!

Maggie kept running back and forth through the sage brush or whatever you call this. Desert brush maybe... whatever. It felt a little Laura Ingalls-y while I was watching her!

She kept running back and forth...

Until she fell...


She got up and couldn't decide if she needed to cry...

She brushed it off...

But still just couldn't decide...


She just came over for a little mommy hug and love...

and then went right back to it.... Back and forth.

And I just don't know what I would do without THIS one!!


The propellers are pretty large too. Maggie thought she would try to move one.


And of course, what one monkey does, the other monkey must do as well!

Or try to anyway~

We were on our way to the car and I thought this was HILARIOUS! These birds just perched up top on the plane.

And while I was taking this one, Maggie ran off. I turned behind me to see if she went back to where we had been playing~

I didn't see her.

Oh - wait...

Maybe I do see her.

What? You don't?

Look harder?

SHE IS SWINGING ON THE PLANES! I really need to get this girl into a gym class!

So we got home and the kids decided they must dance. So they turned on Sleeping Beauty and danced.


I really think I ought to put them on So You Think You Can Dance...


They have been dancing mostly to the Youtube video of Ring on It from the Glee episode from 2 or 3 weeks ago. But now they are branching out.

They are diggin' Aurora and Phillip!

3 comments:

lindygirl said...

Fun post! And thanks for the tutorial in angry girl music! I feel so priveleged to me mentioned in your post!!!!

Anonymous said...

What fantastic fun! You are such a fun Mom. The kids look happy and healthy and that is what we all want! Hope you can say the same for yourself....hope today is better than yesterday was. Love you all so much!! Mom

Stinkbombers said...

Dallin looks 5 miles tall in that last pictures! It's like he's a little man! I'm sure it's just the angle, but still...
Cute!!!