Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope that a very special day was had by all!

Last night, we sat and wrote down a list of things that we are grateful for. I was a little surprised at some of the things that Dallin was grateful for. The first thing out of his mouth was a house. We had been listening to the Road Home telethon the other day and I was trying to explain to him that there are people who have to sleep out in the snow because they do not have a home or a bed to sleep on. I didn't think he was grasping the concept. But I guess I was wrong. Among other things he was grateful were: Christmas Tree, GameCube, the library, school, medicine and pizza. After the list was made he quickly ripped it out of the notebook and posted it up on the fridge. Then we made hot chocolate and popcorn and watched Alvin and the Chipmunks (the first one).

We had to leave hot chocolate and cookies for Santa! We didn't have any homemade, so he got oreos. I think that was ok, tho. I am pretty sure Santa digs oreos... And we couldn't just leave 1 carrot this year, but 8 since there are 8 tiny reindeer! Luckily I talked him into just 2 carrots broken up into 8 pieces... It seemed to work.

In his prayer last night, Dallin asked Heavenly Father that Santa would, "fill our stocking with goodies." I really wonder where he gets some of this stuff! I don't know that I have ever said that to him.

This morning I got up early to make Dallin some more cinnamon rolls. He wanted those and sausage for breakfast.

And what would it be if the smoke alarm didn't go off while baking???? Yet another oven fire. This oven is a piece of dung! Oh well. There is a really thick coat of baking soda on the bottom of it now. I guess I need to clean it out before baking again...

I had to check and see if Santa ate his cookies! It looks like he enjoyed them! And I KNOW he loves - absolutely LOVES - hot chocolate! So of course that was gone!


Oh and I had to make sure he left the Santa bag and stockings full of goodies...


When I went upstairs while the rolls were rising, Dallin looked at me from his bed.

He said, "Are you coming to bed yet?" I had to laugh. I told him it was morning and he was so excited! But Maggie wasn't up yet...

So Dallin and I got to snuggle and talk. I love those times with him. I love my little snugglebug. He has always been and hopefully always will be my little bug. During our conversation this morning he said, "I sure hope that Santa left me something." I asked why he would be worried about it. He said, "Because I was half on the nice list and half on the naughty list!" He makes me smile!!!!!!

When Maggie woke up, I told her that Santa had come!

She went to check out the window and started crying because he wasn't here anymore! I told her that he came in the night and that he left presents downstairs! She is hilarious!

So we went down and opened too many presents. Although how can you deny grandparents getting them the cutest dresses with matching baby dresses???

Even if they leave glitter EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Dallin was pretty pleased!


Santa left Maggie pink Legos so now she won't have to take Dallin's. And Dallin got Star Wars Legos. Talk about satisfaction to hear just Legos being put together and taken apart for 30 minutes!!!!


While they were doing that I decided to tackle the Christmas Carcass that was sitting in the living room! UGH!


Ok... maybe I will do it later. After I eat one of these babies....

I seriously am going to be sugar crashing after all these cinnamon rolls this week! Sheesh!

Then Maggie and Dallin watched a Barbie movie...

Love Christmas!!! Now we just have to go through all the old toys that don't get played with!

Tonight I decided to make my sister's Baked Potato Soup. It was a disaster! Worst soup I think I have ever made in my life!

Luckily - China Hill was open!

Unfortunately no one sang, Fa Ra Ra Ra Raaaa Ra Ra Ra Ra to me! :( Sadness.....

So here I sit - editing photos, blogging, listening to my Glee Soundtracks 1 & 2 and eating Veggie Lo Mein.....


Merry Christmas to all - and to all a great night!

1 comments:

lindygirl said...

Merry Christmas to you. FA RA RA RA RA.....RA RA RA RA!!