Monday, September 24, 2007

Change in the Seasons

I love fall! Happy Fall everyone! It's my favorite time of the year! If you know me well - you will know that I love fall and spring. Not such a fan of the snow. So - yesterday was the first day of fall! YIPEE!!! It's been raining most of the weekend. And still kind of spitting today. It's nice. We need the rain. But Saturday I was driving to Salt Lake to get my hair cut. I was jamming to Joss Stone in the mini van just looking at the beautiful colors on the mountains on the drive. Of course I imagined that I was in a very COOL car jamming to Joss - but that is just in my imagination :) I was wishing that I had my camera with me - but of course I didn't. I decided that I would get pictures when I got home. Then it started pouring. So I thought that I would do it Sunday - still raining. This morning - this is the day! I am going to do it! (Before looking out the windows)

Yesterday - Dallin started having a really sore throat. To the point of crying while trying to drink one of his favorite drinks - hot chocolate! Last night he woke several times through the night coughing and crying. This morning we had an appointment for the doctor. We are on our way and I look at the mountains - longing for the beautiful orange, green and brown I saw on Saturday. What did I see??? WHITE!!!!!!!!!!
I could still see the orange that I wanted to - but I was not at all pleased about the color above that!

Then I looked at my temperature gauge on the van....
UGH!!! What is this?!!??!!!?? I guess it's ok as long as it stays in the mountains and away from my yard!!!!!!

So then the doctor gives me more good news! Dallin has croup. Which means that Maggie will probably get it. And - oh - that's right - I sent Dallin to nursery at church yesterday. That's just GREAT! I will have about 10 moms cussing me out in about a week! What a Monday. I guess I ought to go and try to tackle all the laundry waiting for me in the basement!

2 comments:

Tam said...

Don't make me jealous. I already miss Utah and now this!!! We are coming through in December so maybe the colors will still be there... Oh who am I kidding, everything will be white by then!!!

We are getting cold here to but the leaves haven't really changed yet. But there was snow in the high country over the weekend so maybe soon.

Tam said...

I guess I didn't read your whole post. I hope Dallin starts feeling better. My aunt and her family went through the croup last year so if you need any suggestions let me know and I will ask around.