Thursday, September 20, 2007

Goings on around our home

So we have had quite a lot going on lately...

Saturday my little baby sister turned 20! I remember being in 2nd period in 11th grade getting the note from the office that my sister had been born. Crazy~ Anyway... she mentioned in passing that she wanted a Barbie cake for her birthday. Well - I thought - I can make a cake like that! So I did my best. I think it turned out kind of cute! I used a Bratz doll instead... hmmmmm...

I will never get to the status of my friend Brooke though. On her blog she has a picture of her 1 year old's cake. Ya - it's nice... I will never be there. Her link is on the side of my blog somewhere if you are really curious!

Then of course we have our basement that we are still re-doing. This picture goes along with the "Anything You Can Do" song... but it's cute. Dallin just LOVES helping daddy! He is pulling the nails from the old sheet rock out of the studs so we can put NEW sheet rock in!

Here are the before and now pictures of our basement. Poor Scott. He has to put up with so many of my mind changings! I don't think that it will be done by the time it's my week to do preschool. Oh well.




This morning Dallin was getting ready for preschool. I was rushing him out to the car so we wouldn't be late. Then I noticed something... I just HAD to take a photo! Do you notice it?

He couldn't find the other sock with the red on it... So he found a different one!

I love that kid!

2 comments:

The Gordon Clan said...

Monica - I think you did a great job on the cake! It looks like you guys are having fun with the basement - I'm glad Scott has a little helper.

Tam said...

Monica,
Hey great cake. I am getting ready to make Kessa's cake and not really sure what to do. She wants that big castle cake that is on the cover of a magizine.

BTW - I think we have to same plates!!! Love them

Good luck finishing your basement. We will have to do that here one of these days. Maybe you can give us some pointers