Thursday, September 27, 2007

Circus!

We went to the circus last night!! It was so much fun! Even though BOTH our kids have croup now and there was a bit of coughing - it was so loud - who could hear it??!!??!

We started out taking the train from Scott's work to the end of the line where the circus was. Dallin loves the train.

Then we went to get something to eat. At the little food court they have these ride toys that luckily Dallin doesn't give us too much of a fuss if we don't put the money in. I think that Maggie was having fun there!


Then we got to the circus. Dallin was very excited! Scott said that he didn't think that HE had ever been to the circus before either. So I think this was a GREAT family outing!!

It was what they were calling a "Bello Bration". Celebrating this one clown named Bello. I now have a new appreciation when someone calls something a "3-ring circus". In the beginning they had 3 rings of things going on. You really couldn't keep up with it all. In the outside rings they had these guys in metal round rings and they had their hands and feet on the rings and moved somehow to make the ring go round and round... (Oh - And I took our little cruddy camera because I didn't want them to take away my nice camera. So the pictures pretty much stink - but you can get the idea)

In the middle ring at the same time they had people climbing a ladder and and jumping on the seesaw like thing and the people were flying into the air and landing on a chair or someone else's shoulders...

There was screen above us that Maggie was completely enthralled with. She didn't take her eyes off of it very often. She did VERY well - considering that it started at her bedtime. You can see Dallin's cute little happy expressions!
There were tigers, zebras, Arabian horses, elephants and dogs that would do very funny tricks!


I finally stopped taking photos because they just weren't coming out very well. But I just absolutely loved all of the things at the circus. One of my favorites were the asian ladies and girls that came out and so very gracefully moved and contorted their bodies into positions that should only be done with playdough! I REALLY wish that I could have had my good camera for THAT one! Then there were the flying trapeze people that I felt ill just WATCHING what they were doing. I couldn't imagine actually flying through the air like they were doing! And then of course there was the finale of the human cannon balls!

Basically - I would highly recommend going to see the Ringling Brother's and Barnum & Bailey circus if you have never been to a circus before! There wasn't any amount of time that Dallin was bored and Maggie very entertained as well!

2 comments:

bechtold clan said...

I totally forgot about the circus! we took Elijiah a few years ago and he loved it...looks like you had a good time!

Tam said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. We are thinking about going when the circus gets here next month. Now that I know how fun it is we will make sure to get tickets