Friday, June 6, 2008

Kung Fu Panda



WHAT A TOTALLY FUN NIGHT!! Dallin won tickets at his Dojo to see Kung Fu Panda last night. They rented out the whole theatre. It was a really fun night! We got a sitter for Maggie so we could take Dallin out on his own.

We started out by going to dinner at Wendys. Then went to the theatre. It was sold out so we were lucky we got there early so we could sit together.



Each ticket included a kid popcorn and drink. Dallin ended up eating almost 2 popcorns. We haven't heard Dallin laugh so hard at a movie. It is absolutely hilarious! Definitely one that we are going to have to own.

Before the movie started, they had the Black belts doing tricks for us. I think to inspire the kids to let them see what they could become! It was SO cool! Now I didn't want to use the flash because I didn't want to distract them while they were doing their thing. The effect of the slow shutter speed is REALLY cool here!! You can see where their face was at one point and then moved to another point. These kids were flipping, punching, kicking, hi ya-ing - it was insane! I just keep thinking that my boy could be doing that someday!!!



We get home at 8:30 and hear Maggie crying. Weird, since she was supposed to be in bed at 7:30. Our poor little babysitter got barfed on. She had most of it cleaned up by the time we walked in the door. We got Maggie settled down and back to bed. Then got Dallin wound down and into bed.


At 3:28 Dallin comes into our room coughing. I knew there was going to be more barf this night so I jumped out of bed and steered him to the bathroom. As I jumped out of bed I felt something pull in my back. Poor Dallin got so sick. He just ate WAY too much popcorn and root beer!! We cleaned it all up and got him back to bed. At 5:00 he called to me from his room. He had thrown up in his bed. Didn't make it to the bathroom. Poor kid. So we got him cleaned up again and I made a bed on the floor next to our bed since I was TOO tired to change his bed.


On a positive note - The movie was GREAT and my kids slept until 9:00 this morning! That means I did too!!!!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my. That's way too many adventures for one evening, I'd have to say!