Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Karma got us again!

I guess that Karma just didn't care whether it was Drusella or Cinderella.... She got us again!

We have been doing yard work since it has been so nice lately. Pruning the apple tree specifically. Thus, I have been climbing the tree, Scott has been climbing the tree, Austin has been climbing the tree, Dallin has been climbing the tree.... Therefore, Maggie decided she needed to try to climb the tree!

Of course she is too small to actually CLIMB the tree. So she tried to and then SLID down the side of it. She immediately screamed one of those, I am really hurt screams. The palm of her hand got gouged by something poking out of the tree.

I took her to our local doc's office, but since they decided that she would need to be sedated to stitch it up, they sent me to Primary Children's Medical Center in Salt Lake.


So we packed up the kids with coloring books and books to read and went off to Salt Lake.

They gave her a sticker...



This is the bandage that I put together before going...


Sorry these pics aren't the best. They are off of a phone.


It is such a small cut. The only reason we had to go to the hospital is because they had to sedate her.

This was after they shot liquid stuff up her nose to sedate her.


Irrigating the wound....



She is looking VEEEEEERY relaxed right now... :)



After the stitches were in. I couldn't watch while they were doing it. But Maggie did - she really was interested in it! Much stronger stomach than mine!!!



This is her patched up after and still under the influence...



ALL THIS for 3 stitches...


Crazy kid....
And one funny thing about last night... The doctor was trying to find a suture kit. She found an adult kit, but couldn't find a child kit. She asked the nurse... The nurse said, "We only have adult kits... the child kits are special order."
Now - let me get this straight. We are at a CHILDREN'S hospital and the child suture kits are special order??????
Oh well.

4 comments:

bechtold clan said...

this kid of yours is hilarious! I think she and tristan need to meet...I worry that tristan might not make it to his next bday..with all the adventures he likes to take on...but if maggie is any indication...we will just be making lots of trips to the hospital!! glad she is okay...

Beefche said...

First, what kind of mother are you? To forget your camera! Second, I think ya'll should invest in body armor for that kid. Finally, can we all get some of that sedative? Maggie looked REALLY relaxed....

Anonymous said...

I agree with Beefche...how can I get some of that? I need some when I'm working with problem clients and/or agents representing foreclosures! Maggie is such a sweetheart and in time she'll heal and she will always have the scar to remind her(or you) of this accident. I have a scar on my right palm from an accident when I was about 5. I fell down with a lemonade glass and had to have stitches. Just love her......Mom

Lisa Burbidge said...

I just love it, be glad for insurance at this time, Maggie is out of control, I think she needs sedation a little more often!! Primaries what a JOKE!!! I hate that place!