Monday, April 20, 2009

Saturday

Our first 5k.... What an experience. Good thing it was a run/walk. Or in our case a walk/run!!!



This was before the race began.


There was a ton of encouragement from the small people being pushed in the stroller.

"Run, run, run!!!!"

Easy for YOU to say! Scott pushed the stroller most of the way and I STILL couldn't keep up! But that is ok. It was essentially, the first time I have really run since the snow flew. So I really can't complain.

Near the end there was a pretty bad bike crash. Dallin was intrigued because of all the blood.

But we ran the last part. Even though I truly wanted to throw up.


I think we actually look better at the end than we did at the beginning!

After we got home and got things done there we decided to go to Lagoon. We got season passes for this year. They are open on the weekends now and so we decided to pack up and go :)


Dallin wanted to ride the bumper cars first.

This is Maggie's first time ever riding them.



I don't think she liked it. In fact, I am pretty sure she hated it!

But they both loved the new Dragon ride.


Then Dallin's favorite ride is the Dino Drop...


Those would be Scott and Dallin's feet.

Look at that grin!




It was quite the busy day! Fun, but busy...
And am I completely nuts that I am going to sign up for another 5k for Memorial Day? I dare not tell my time for Saturday - but I do hope to beat it the next round!

5 comments:

Skinny Utah Biker said...

You forgot to mention that after Dallin got off the drop ride he said:
"Mom. did you hear me scream like a girl?" It was a GREAT day.

Anonymous said...

Go for it Monica! You'll love it! Lagoon looks like a bundle of fun (except Maggie getting bumped!--Poor dear) Love you, Mom

Stinkbombers said...

FUN! I'm still so impressed with you guys running that marathon! I hated just running one mile during soccer practices! Good job! And I didn't know you guys were pushing the kids the whole way! That's like double impressing!!!

And lagoon looks like a boatload of fun! I've still never been the whole time I've lived in Utah! haha.

keco said...

You can let Dallin know that when I went on the big kid version of the drop ride "The rocket(?)" I too screamed like a girl. Those kind of rides scare the $@%$% out of me.

lindygirl said...

Awesome job getting out there and doing a 5K together. You are not crazy for signing up again. It always feels good to do better than you did the last time. I am proud of you both.