Friday, December 21, 2007

Snow is falling all around....

I am sitting here at my computer with the primary song "Snow is falling all around" running over and over in my head. We have been having snow since yesterday. Very strange storm yesterday. The black clouds came rolling in over the Great Salt Lake. They were coming in fast - my friend very accurately described it as "The Nothing" from The Neverending Story. Then it started hailing. As I was prepping for dinner I saw a flash and thought, where would Maggie get a camera?? Well, thunder that shook the house rolled through the sky and scared poor Maggie out of her whits! Then the hail changed to rain and then finally snow. And it's been snowing ever since. This morning there is kind of a strange blue glow on the snow. Like the sky is saying - I am not even close to being done, Monica - So just get used to being COLD!!! ------So I come upstairs after posting this and the sun is shining - but it IS still snowing. Much prettier photo - but I am too lazy to go down and get the camera. --------------

I am sitting here on a snowy day, spoiling myself by sipping my Lindt hot chocolate (made by the Master Chocolatier Swiss since 1845 - he's pretty old) that Scott brought home from his gift exchange in Denver. I normally just get Nesquik. I am pretty sure that bunny is not a chocolatier... or from Switzerland. I am watching my daughter rip bows and ribbons off of gifts (with her teeth) that are overflowing the tree already.

I am also perusing my Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds Catalog that I got in the mail last week, dreaming of warm days that I can get out into the garden and trying to decide which of the totally cool veggies I want to try this year. I love this catalog!! It really makes me want to master gardening!!! Should I try purple tomatoes?

Or maybe some Tigger Melons?

Or maybe a banana squash??

Decisions, decisions, decisions....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOw I have that D@*N Never endign story song in my head.

Tam said...

Looks like you guys got more snow then we did. It snowed but not much and now it is sunny and cold. But we are supposed to get snow for Christmas sooo...

I vote for the purple tomatoes. They look really cool when they are cut up.

Merry Christmas