Sunday, December 2, 2007

It's 20 degrees outside!

UGH! I am not one for cold weather. In fact I am a pretty big wimp when it comes to cold weather. But then I don't like HOT weather either. Could Scott have anything worse to put up with than ME??!! Well - maybe - but he would probably say, "Been there - done that." In my perfect world... I think San Diego would be a GREAT place to live! Karen, can I come and live with you??!! Not that you don't have a full house already! With another coming quite soon! Try to make it to the hosptial this time!

It is OFFICIALLY December. It started out with a huge snowstorm!


It really is beautiful. Dallin has been having a great time. Although I wonder why it takes just as long to get the snow clothes on as he spends outside. And then we have to take them off to let them dry.


We had the missionaries over for dinner last night. They pulled up in a car and I said, "OH - I am so glad that you have a car. This would have been a miserable day to be walking around!" They looked at each other and asked, "This is a strange request... but can we take our shoes AND SOCKS off? We HAVE been walking all day and they are soaked!" Luckily we had a fire going in the fireplace and put their socks on the stove. After dinner they put them on and there were all sorts of pleasure groans. I would have thought that these two would have been used to this though. One is from England and one is from Sweden. Isn't it cold and wet there too?? Oh well. Of course I thought I would make Bar-b-que chicken pizza, Caesar salad and garlic bread for dinner. I would choose that when one of the elders is lactose intolerant!! Not really - he just gets an upset stomach when he eats cheese. OOPS! He just picked off most of the cheese on the pizza and still ate the salad. I am glad I didn't make cheesey bread!

It's officially Christmas time! I am SO happy! I love that we are having snow. It really gets me in the Christmas mood. Although I will be quite through with it on Jan. 1.

3 comments:

Tam said...

Hey Monica We are here!!! And we made it for the snow. K did the same thing and ran out of the car and jumped in the snow. She then spent the rest of the day under a blanket in her undies because she was cold!!!

Email me if you want or can get together. This is turning out to be a short trip (I will explain later) and so if you are busy I will understand

Anonymous said...

Arrgh. I don't miss shoveling the driveway... Last week it was rainy and 40 and I stayed in the house ALL weekend. Scott and I used to ride in worse weather than that!!

I've turned into a sweet little cupcake since we moved away...

Rachel said...

What a great post. I totally know what you mean about the "takes as long to put the clothes on as it takes to play outside" thing. Chase gets totally decked out head to toe, stays outside for a glorious 15 minutes and then comes in and I've got a dripping pile to deal with. As soon as it's cleaned up, he's ready to go out again. FUN!