Saturday, February 9, 2008

Birthday Parties

So I think that maybe my friend who doesn't do birthday parties until her kids are 8 is pretty wise! Holy loud house! We had a house full of a lot of children today for Dallin's 4th Birthday party! He wanted a Star Wars party. I tell you what... Star Wars stuff is kind of hard to find. Spiderman, Diego, Dinosaur, Ninja stuff - everywhere. Star Wars stuff... not so much!

I made a cake for Dallin. I was going to try to do black icing - but then just decided to do chocolate. But I did find some action figures and a cute candle for it. D loved it...

He was waiting very impatiently for his friends to arrive. He sat on a chair to watch the clock on the microwave and wait for 11:00.

We had hot dogs, chips, lemonade...
I couldn't find a Star Wars pinata - so we had a triceratops (sp?). Close enough.

He blew the candles out of the cake before we even got halfway through the Happy Birthday Song... oh well!

We had a pin the computer on Darth Vader game. That was kind of fun. We had Star Wars going during this game since it was a one kid at a time game.

Dallin got some blow up boxing gloves for his birthday. He and Daddy were boxing with them.

Then Daddy got both of them. D didn't have a chance!

I don't think Scott likes to use them for boxing??

Anyway - what a day. Things that I learned?? Hmmmm.... Only have a party for 1.5 hours. And preferrably do it outside your home if it's a winter party. Such as a bowling alley, skating rink, or something....

We did have a great party for Dallin. I think he had fun. And then he actually slept during quiet time afterward! That was the best!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott... nice "knockers."

Tam said...

It looks like you did a great job. And it wasn't a dinosaur pinata it was a sand monster pinata!!

We didn't even do a part for Kessa this year. Part of it was because we had just moved but the real reason is I just never got around to inviting people over!!!

bechtold clan said...

I love the blow up boxing mits where did you get those?

Rachel said...

I know - the parties kind of kick my bootie but they're fun too. Great pictures - especially the new and improved Scott...

Lisa Burbidge said...

Hey Stuart had the same star wars party when we were in Laramie! I have so been there before!!! The best party so far was the bowling alley this year I think we are going to do Thanksgiving point!!! That should be a lot easier!!