Sunday, February 24, 2008

Charity and Love

We have felt so much love from so many people. We are so very grateful for the love, the phone calls, the meals, the desserts, the cards, the cactus (that was very cute - "I know things are thorny right now").... Things are going very well. I have recovered fully. I haven't needed my pain medications for 3 days now.

Friday night a friend of mine and I went out to find me a purse. I haven't had a purse since Dallin was born. He just turned 4. Maggie is at the point where I can get away with 1 diaper and maybe a bottle when we run out for something. So I decided that since I won't be using a diaper bag really that I needed to get a purse! It was a little nerve racking going through the purse section, but I did find one that is just perfect!!

Saturday morning I was taken to breakfast by a bunch of friends at 8:00 am. It was so fun and very much needed. When I was dropped off at home, I wasn't even all the way through the front door and smelled something odd. I looked at my living room and saw something odd. While my sneakster friends had me out to breakfast, some other sneakster friends had come into my home and cleaned it top to bottom. I ran into my spotless, very clean smelling bathroom and cried. I have such wonderful amazing friends!

Since my house was spotless, we decided to go as a family to the Airplane Museum. It was really fun!



Look at this HUGE tire!!!


This plane is amazing! It can fly at 80,000 feet or something... Crazy!





We had a wonderful day!

PS.. I am so happy! Some of my tomato plants are getting their true leaves!

3 comments:

The Holcombs said...

You do have great friends! They always raise us up when things are hard. Angels come from the most remarkable places don't they?!

Anonymous said...

Monica,
You and Scott are good friends and that's why you have good friends! They love you and show it by serving, just as you do! We love you so much and wish we were closer so we could help......What an awesome family you are!
Love,
Mom Holcomb

Tam said...

It sounds like you are in good hands. I have been wishing we lived closer the last couple of days.

It is always fun getting out of the house on Saturdays and do something fun. Most saturdays we waste it by deep cleaning the house. My new goal is to be at the point by Friday that we don't have to do that.