Sunday, February 24, 2008

Temple Square


We decided to slough church today. We thought it would be good to spend time together as a family and go to Temple Square. We have never taken Dallin there before. So off we went!

I love my new lens. Look how close up I can get to the angel Moroni!!

When we got there it was beautiful! 55 and windy. We knew there was a storm rolling in... Dallin was having fun chasing the leaves that were blowing around.

Dallin just loved Temple Square. He was very interested in all of the huge paintings and statues. Here is Dallin looking and listening to the story of Moses receiving the 10 commandments...

He also loved this model of the city of Jerusalem.

I love this picture of my children at the feet of Jesus. We heard a lot about families being together forever. I think that this was exactly what I needed today.

But then we had to cut our visit short. It was pouring as we were leaving.
Both kids were asleep as we reached Scott's parents exit (we went over for dinner) so we continued on the freeway to prolong the inevitable stopping of the car and waking of the children... This is what we saw coming over the city!

We had a wonderful Sunday - spending time together as a family and thinking about our children that we will meet again someday.

3 comments:

The Holcombs said...

Sometimes another type of spiritual uplift is exactly what we need, I think this was a great decision. Hope you enjoyed your day.

Tam said...

This post made me miss SLC so much. That was something I always did with my kids. We would go downtown and just walk around temple square. Kessa especially loved it... there is just so much to see and do.

Anonymous said...

There's a temple in SLC? Well I'll be danged. :)