Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Dallin

My baby boy turned 5 years old yesterday! I can't even believe it! He woke up and wanted Reese's Puffs for breakfast. We never buy them. (I did to wrap and give him for his birthday - but he didn't know it.) So he heads to the basement to see if there are any down there. When he came back up, there was a box of them on the table for him. He was very excited!


After breakfast we started making his cake and cupcakes for school.



As you can see - the cupcakes were a flop!


So I took part of his cake and sent it with him to school to share.



I had to pick him up from school early for his 5 year check up. I felt bad taking him on his birthday, but..... oh well. I guess I didn't feel bad enough! He didn't have to have shots, but they did a finger poke to get some blood to test it for iron and something else. Holy COW! You would have thought he had just gotten 2 broken legs and 2 broken arms!! He screamed SO loud and not just a short little scream - it was a long scream that turned into a howl!! He said it felt like a bullet. Like he would know how that felt.



I decided not to make another cake, since we really don't need that much cake around here. So it's just over a half of a cake. And it is YUMMY! It's a peanut butter cake with chocolate/cream cheese frosting. It tastes like a great big Reece's cup. mmmmmmmmm.....



I think we are into the screwy face phase.... Great.


Blowing out the candles...



I think Iron Man tastes pretty good or something!



Please excuse Maggie's lack of clothing... We are a little worried about her future career choice...



Then we were off to Chuck E. Cheese. We had some left over tokens from the last time we went and then Dallin got a birthday email giving him 20 free tokens... He loves this torpedo game. And he does really well at it.


Maggie likes to jump on this jump rope game. She doesn't do very well. At all. But she LOVES to jump jump jump....



Dallin got lots of Happy Birthday calls while we were there. He was a little distracted...



We had met our friends there and they had presents for Dallin and a belated one for Maggie. They got Maggie a beauty set. We opened the second we got home and she went right for the straightener. She knew exactly what to do with it!! That's my girl!



Dallin got enough tickets for this pirate stuff, a couple of snakes and some little geckos...


We had a pretty special fun day! We love you Dallin!!! Happy Birthday, Buddy!

3 comments:

Tam said...

Happy Birthday - that sounds like a real exciting day.

We have never taken our kids to Chuck E Cheese. I think we are going to have to soon though.It looks like so much fun

Anonymous said...

Dallin, you are a sweetie and I'm glad you had such a good birthday. The cake sounds soooo good and now you have your stuff for your halloween costume! Love you all
Mom

bechtold clan said...

I cant believe hes 5!!!! Looks like a fun day!!