Sunday, February 1, 2009

New Bedrooms

Since I can't sleep tonight I decided I would get up and do something productive. So I am getting a blog entry done.

We have been working on the bedrooms in our house since last May. I took on the project of Maggie's room first. Painting the stripes absolutely sucked. But I tell ya - I LOVE how it turned out. We couldn't decide between white or purple for the chairrail. The popular vote was white... But I just couldn't do it. I went with the purple and think it turned out great!

Then there was the issue of bed sheets/comforters. Finally today we got Maggie's bought. Since she has become a pro at getting out of her crib this is perfect timing. Fun bed sheets and take down her crib!!! I love Ross - A gorgeous satin comforter with the dark purple on one side and light purple on the other side for $13!

Don't ya LOVE our curtains! Yes - I have blankets over the windows. I will get to the curtains. I promise!

Now what Maggie bed would be complete without a Do-wa buleenkee??



And look at these adorable sheets we found at Ross for $6! They match the butterflies on her walls!


A few weeks ago I found this camoflauge comforter for Dallin at Ross. They had camo sheets tonight - but I figured he already had Superman and car sheets. So he was fine in that department. The camo matches the paint and stickers we put on his walls.



This is our bed. I got this blanket somewhere - can't remember now. But it works well with our green accent wall that Scott painted.


So now I feel almost complete with our bedrooms.... I really need to get curtains made for all of our rooms... Is remodeling EVER done???
Scott did a ton while we were in Arkansas and Indiana. There will be a post on that coming soon. It's just never ending!! But it's fun too!

2 comments:

bechtold clan said...

I love what you are doing with you house...its the good thing about the fixer upper- its a constant project! but seriously- you guys have a great house now!

Robyn said...

Will you do my room next? They look great. I especially LOVE Maggie's room because it's so purpley.