Saturday, November 7, 2009

Antelope Island

We went out to Antelope Island today... It was a nice day and I thought it would be good to get out. Plus I have been wanting to get there to take some pictures. :)



Right when we crossed the causeway I saw some empty docks that I wanted to photograph. Dallin wanted to throw rocks in the water. So we stopped. Dallin quickly found that the Salt Lake has hidden quicksand around it...


I am surprised that I didn't grab a picture of him stuck... But I think I was so surprised and didn't want to lose him as he was quickly sinking, that I just grabbed him out!

Poor kid. We couldn't get his shoes clean at all - and they were old, so I just threw them in the dumpster. The Salt Lake mud REALLY stinks, and I did NOT want it in the car. So he just went without shoes for the rest of the trip...

Have you ever heard a bison? I don't know that I have a recollection of what sound a bison makes.

They belch. A lot. But it's not actually a belch. It's their noise. It just sounds like a belch.

Belches and 5 yr old boys... you know. They think they are HILARIOUS! Even Maggie was laughing about it. But she is much more proper when it comes to belches... She always says, "Cuse me. I burped." It's very cute.

Dallin had a bit of a hard time climbing to get a better look without shoes on. Oops. :*(


Dallin was REALLY wanting to find a beach where he WOULDN'T sink into the earth...

And finally we found it. I think I drove around the whole dang island. So we didn't get to spend as much time there as we wanted as they were closing.

I think this one turned out cute with the 2 of them...

And of course, Maggie must try out the sand here. I think she is on a quest to find the best tasting dirt and sand.


Here is the dock that I shot while Dallin was sinking...


And then here are some more from the day. Some from Antelope Island and some from Farmington. Some from the island were really cute... but I was shivering so much that they are blurry. So I will have to try them again when I am dressed properly!




I am assuming the flag was still flying half staff for the deaths at Ft. Hood yesterday.












We had a fun day. There were campers on the island and Maggie said, "I smell fire!" I am thinking if it weren't so cold I would be camping!!! I haven't camped for SO long!

1 comments:

Tam said...

Your pictures are wonderful and they make me miss Utah so much. Even the black mud ones... I have gotten stuck in that mud too and it does stink.

I don't know if you heard but we are leaving again. This time to Chicago. Wish us luck - moving is getting to be no fun