Friday, November 27, 2009

From Blank to Stylish!



Today I opened at Lowe's. I got there at 5:25. There were lots of cars in the lot but no one was at the door. It was simply too cold. But as I was walking up to the door and waiting for someone to let me in... A wave of people, who obviously thought I was being rude and cutting in line because I got there AFTER them, started rushing to the door. I told them, "Hey... I am just trying to clock in." I am sure they were not pleased that they got to stand in the cold for another 30 minutes. Oh well. Freaking Nutters!!!

There was a pre-lit tree at Lowe's in the Black Friday ad.... So I put one aside for me to get after work was done.

Tonight we broke open the tree!


We got it put together, with the A, B and C in the correct order... It took a little work... but we did finally get it right. You would think a college educated Mom and a kindergartener could get the A, B and C in the right order the first time. Obviously not :(

Except it is crooked. I don't know if I ever get anything right that I try. (With the exception of my kids.) So here I threw out a swear word.

Shouldn't have.

Obviously.

Dallin said to me, "Maybe you should give up those swear words, Mom." I guess I need to be more aware of what comes out of my mouth :(

Anyway. Between putting up the tree and trying to get the kids to eat their dinner, Maggie wasn't happy. And she let us know in no uncertain terms that she was unhappy...

She is getting really good at throwing herself around when she isn't pleased!

The kids were in charge of the candy cane application.

heheheee.... They were concentrated on the very bottom of the tree. Very cute.

After we decorated the tree we pulled out the Krispy Kreme donuts. Dallin and I got ours since we ate dinner.


Mmmmmmmmmmm.....

I was tempted to eat Maggie's. But then realized I ought to save it for breakfast. She would be really sad.

After we were done decorating the tree, Dallin said, very proudly, "FROM BLANK TO STYLISH!!!!!"

And he was right! From BLANK....

TO SYLISH!!!!

Still crooked... But still - very stylish!

Hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend!!!

3 comments:

Stinkbombers said...

I love your tree! Woo!

If you guys wanna borrow A Christmas Story for you and Dallin to watch, you can!

It's interesting to me that those people wouldn't sit out in the cold! Isn't that the fun behind it all? That you waited all that time out in the cold to be first in line?? At least that's what I thought people did it for. Their reputation! What is the world coming to now?! People won't sit out in the cold on Black Friday...next: sequined leg warmers???

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree! I'm not certain we will even put up a tree. Seems like a lot of work both in getting it up and taking it down. Time better used elsewhere. But if we still had kids at home it would make a difference too. Glad you got a tree and got it up and decorated so stylishly! He is such a funny kid......and I noticed Maggie is wearing her princess dress from Halloween. She loves that dress doesn't she!! Love to you all...Mom

Chantal said...

I think the crookedness gives it character, it makes it yours! :D How fun! I can't wait to put ours up!