Monday, August 27, 2007

Busy Week

Wow - What a week! It all seems like a blur. Tuesday night was Donny. I didn't get to bed until after midnight. So Wednesday I was pretty tired... Before that though, on Monday I had decided that I needed to do something with the weed patch in my backyard that I try to pass off as a garden! I don't know if you can tell, but I have raised beds. So except for the HUGE zucchini plant - everything on the ground of the garden that is green - it shouldn't be there. They are weeds. Lots and lots of weeds. I started with the ones that were taller than the green posts and was digging and pulling, digging and pulling, digging and pulling...

We have lots and lots of visitors in our garden this year. Snails. There's a lot of places for them to hide and feed in. Scott usually throws them against the vinyl fence along the back of our house and smashes them. I am not strong enough to do that. So I throw them on the roof of our house so they will fry. Probably not the best for our roof - oh well. I found a ton of them on Monday. And I just assumed that I could put them in a little pile in the garden and then when I got to a stopping point throw them up on the roof. When I got back to them, this was the only one that was left. They aren't as slow as I had thought they were supposed to be. I think that they knew what was going to happen to them. So they skeedaddled. This poor guy was trying to make a run for it. But hopefully his life ended on our roof. Now I wonder if maybe they just climb right down - it kind of reminds me of the racing snail in "The Neverending Story". hmmmmm...
Then on Tuesday - was Donny... still loving him..

Then on Wednesday - as I just got both kids down for a nap and I am about to lay down myself since I was still sleep deprived from the night before ~ there is a knock on my door. I don't know if you know of the Young Adult series called Twilight ~ but it is the rage in this area. We are even doing it for book club in our ward. So I have been waiting for someone to have a copy that I can borrow. Well, this girl in our ward brought it by because she was done with it. Now my one friend started reading it. She said she tried to go to bed three times but just had to get up to keep reading so she could find out what happened next. So I was dreading getting the book to read and just antsy with anticipation to be part of the excitement! After the knock on the door I just knew that I wouldn't be getting a nap that day. And I didn't. I read ~ and read ~ and read. And the next day, I read ~ and read ~ and read. We didn't even have dinner that night. Shame on mommy! 31 hours after getting the book in my hand, it was done. And it's hard to not go and buy the 2nd one right now! I am waiting again to borrow it!

Maggie just absolutely loves to play with the big kids. She tries to do everything that Dallin does. So when he is playing with his tool bench and tools in his room, Maggie is right there with him trying to butt her way in. Needless to say, Dallin doesn't appreciate it too much. But when he isn't around she will take his tools or whatever else she can get her cute little hands on and play with it. Here she is playing Rambo with his tool belt!

Friday ~ My dad and sister flew in from Arkansas (they moved from Indiana this month). My sister starts at Weber today and we had to get her moved in and all. So they were here all weekend. And then my friend, Christine, got here on Saturday. She is staying for a week. So we had quite the full house. But today - right now - I am all alone. My friend is sightseeing, my dad is gone, my sister is at school, my son is at a friend's house and my daughter is napping. I really ought to be getting things done around the house - but no - I am on the computer. Oh well!

Sundays are so dreaded around our home! Because of our church schedule Dallin doesn't get a nap and he is just grumpier than all getout. I can't really concentrate on what is being taught in church and I feel like all I do is yell at my kids. Not exactly the spiritual refreshing day that it is supposed to be. But yesterday - he took a nap!

And he looked so sweet. I hated to wake him to leave. But it had to be done. What a great and wonderful day! He even was getting along so well with Maggie in the evening. He was doing something to entertain her greatly and she would laugh so loud and happy! This is the first Sunday since I can remember that has been so wonderful! I had sweet happy children, my family and friends were here and we had chinese food! Not much more could have improved our Sunday!!

I love my family! My sweet hard working hubby, my beautiful kids, I am just one lucky lady!


1 comments:

bechtold clan said...

wow you have been busy...while I lay around on the couch wondering if my house will ever be clean or the laundry done again. Unisom and b6 is helping...:)
Wish we lived closer....
so the book...ive decided it will be my next read!!!!