Thursday, August 2, 2007

Bikers...

As most of you know my husband is big into biking. He started working at a bike shop when he was 15 I think. He was still working there when we got married (with a little hot tub company hiatus...). I am sure that he would still LOVE to be in the bike business. It just runs through his blood. He has done a ride from Logan, Utah to Jackson Hole, WY called LOTOJA 3 times. Does that sound fun to you? It doesn't to me. But hey... it keeps him happy! He rides his bike into Salt Lake City to work almost everyday. This morning he and his friend drove in and took their mountain bikes and did a little mountain biking before work. This is partly why our blog is called "Bikers and Princesses"...



This would be another reason why our blog is named as it is... We procreated and had a son. A ruggedly handsome, very much like his father, son. He got the bike gene as well. This kid... he was 2 1/2 when we found this bike at a garage sale. He is very proud of that and will let everyone know! (that would be my gene) He took to biking like a fish to water. Just like his daddy. That was last summer. I could at least keep up with him. Most of the time. This year - not a chance. We go to the Woody Woodpecker park and luckily I can see him all the way around, because he is SO fast. I just can't keep up. Sometimes Scott will take his bike and ride along side him so he isn't alone. It makes me a little nervous.... ok... a lot nervous to let him just go. Most of the time I make him stop when he gets to the bench, and then the bridge, etc.





Aren't my boys just cute!? These are my bikers! It will be interesting to see if Maggie gets that gene or if she stays a little more like me.. :) And then too it will be interesting to see what this baby we are expecting is and what they will be like. It's amazing how kids totally change a family's dynamics!

More later on the "Princess" part of the name of our blog!

2 comments:

Beefche said...

I have to admit that I was a little worried about the title of your blog. I knew Scott was a biker, but how princess played into that....

Rachel said...

I love seeing the bikers! Our boy did not inherit his daddy's similar biking gene, at least it hasn't surfaced yet. But our daughter will climb onto her brother's bike and try her hardest to get her little feet down to the pedals. It's pretty cute.