Sunday, October 21, 2007

Differences in Children

I never really realized how very different children from the same parents are. I mean, I know I am not just like my brother ~ but it just didn't click until I had my very own.

Our little boy... He was pretty much a bruiser. 3 hours of pushing him out on his birthing day. Wanted to eat so quickly that he just wouldn't settle for the work of getting it from me. Eating food food (not the mushy baby food) by 6 months. Always in the 90 - 95th percentile on height, weight and head circumference. He just loves to eat and wouldn't even stop eating before falling asleep!!


Then there is our little girl... She is a little runt. 3 pushes and she came right out on her birthing day. Didn't want to eat from me or a bottle at all. STILL not eating food food. Never did eat mushy food. Oh that's right... She simply doesn't eat. She does love milk though and will drink between 25 and 35 ounces a day. (thank goodness!) She just broke through to the 5 - 10th percentile on weight. I can't remember on height and head circumference right now. Some of you may or may not believe this. My mother was out here a little while ago and I don't know that she believed me when I said that she doesn't eat. She does in fact put food in her mouth. She puts quite a lot of it in her mouth! She has these cheeks like that of a chipmunk and can shove incredible amount of food into them! Then she will chew it up. And then she will spit it out. If you do not believe it ~ just look what she can do with an apple!!!



And this is what is left over.

Scott asked if I would be cleaning it up or if HE was supposed to!

Also, here is a picture from our church Halloween party last night. Maggie wasn't being so cooperative!

0 comments: