Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Library

So, Maggie just deleted half of my post so I am going to try to do this again... I do love the library SO much! We took a long hiatus this summer while I was so sick during our pregnancy and then after we lost the baby... But it is so wonderful to get back! Dallin has found a love of audiobooks. The Magic Tree House specifically. He got the first one in a Wendy's Kid Meal this summer and has been listening to it and one about a mouse named Geranamo Stilton who goes to Egypt pretty much non-stop while we are in the car. So to his delight (and mine to get some variety in our minivan entertainment) they had 3 of the books at the library on cassette. So we checked it out and promptly after getting in the van asked to put it in! Good thing Toyota hasn't given up on putting cassette players in their vans yet!!!


Then - My most favorite find EVER!!! Catalina Magdalena Hooten-something something something! If you don't know - our Maggie's name is actually Magdalena. Well - it's an old family name. Not one that you really hear often, er - ever... So when I saw this book by Tedd Arnold at the library I HAD to check it out! It's HILARIOUS!!! My favorite part: She has two holes at the bottom of her nose. One for her fingers, one for her toes! If you are library goers and have little ones, you must check this one out. This is one that I will HAVE to purchase for our family library!!!

It is so wonderful to get back to going to the library - Is this a lame post?? I hope not! It's how I am feeling today!

3 comments:

Tam said...

I am so glad you like going to the library. When I lived in Utah I loved going too. I took my kids at least 3 times a month and we would max out on books every time.

Here the libraries STINK so I don't go as often. I may have to go "test" drive other libraries to see if I can find one better because I am getting close to just buying books again!!!

Rachel said...

NOT lame! I'm so with you on the library - it's the best, especially in the winter when we get cabin fever so bad. CTP is also totally into story-tapes, and we have fallen in love with the Magic Tree House as well. They're perfect for him. Yes, thank heaven for libraries. Also, I can read all the book I want for free. Half the time I end up wanting to buy them, but hey, at least I'm getting to read them!

bechtold clan said...

I love the new layout....btw...

I need to get elijiah there, i go but I never think about getting him books, I have a hard enough time remembering where mine are!