Sunday, October 7, 2007

Renovations continue

Yesterday was HUGE for us as far as work on our basement! We started out with a family room that had a doorway into it... hallway to the guest bedroom and bathroom. Today we have a completely open family room!!! I have to admit - I was EXTREMELY nervous! Especially since the wall that Scott was tearing out was a weight bearing wall. But our home is still standing today!

This is what the area started out like...

Then Scott built a wall to keep our house together while he tore out the existing wall... (notice Dallin hammering quite diligently!)

Then with a few bangs of the hammer and saws of the saw... VOILA!!

Finally with some help from his dad and a neighbor he put in a beam to keep our upstairs, well - upstairs... And this is our semi-final product!!! I absolutely LOVE it!!! It totally opens up our basement!

This is coming from the stairs...

This is looking from the guest room...



It is coming along great! We are so very excited!! And fret not ~ the red and black carpet is GOING to be replaced!
We had Scott's parents up for General Conference this weekend. It was really fun for us to have them stay over last night and have breakfast this morning. Dallin especially LOVES having his grandparents come to visit! All of them! Unfortunately my side only gets to come over once in a very long while! We sure miss them!

3 comments:

Tam said...

Very nice. Your carpet reminds me of what was in our basement when we first moved it. But ours was on the walls too. There must of been a great deal 30 years ago on red and black carpet!!!

I am looking at renov. here too. But I don't think Michael and I are on the same page. Yesterday he mentioned that this weekend would be a great time to work on the house and I pulled out the paint samples. He looked at me and said... OH I was talking about hanging some pictures!!!

Rachel said...

This is so neat, you guys. I can't wait to come up and see all your terrific work.

The Holcombs said...

You guys are so adventurous. I don't know how much I would like to jump into a project like that, but I can't wait to see the final outcome!