Thursday, November 29, 2007

Adoption - It's about love...



Ok - Kevin from Texas! This one is just for you! I had actually been meaning to get another entry on here - just trying to get things done around the house and for Christmas. I have been having lots of thoughts that I want to share... But you have made me get to it!!! (He sent a comment that I can TOTALLY hear him say in my head!)

1. I think it is funny how people are telling us that our family pictures are "so cute" or "just wonderful". When I look at them I just think, "Do Scott and I REALLY look that tired??!!" (No comment necessary - Kevin!) I guess that we do and will for a long time. Did I sign up for that part? I just wanted the cute kids that Scott makes! Not the tired part! (hehehehehee)

2. Maggie - SHE IS FINALLY EATING! Nothing HUGE... but since Thanksgiving she has been eating some. I can tell too because her diapers have changed. Sorry if that was too much information! I love how she holds her pinky up when she eats! She does that with her bottle too!


3. As most of you know, Scott and I have had a lot of issues with having a family. As we both were a little older than our friends in getting married, we started trying to bring children into our family fairly soon after the wedding. It took a Hystosalpingogram, Laporoscopy, Induced Menopause and Chlomid to get Dallin. (I dare you to say THAT 3 times really fast!) It took 4 years to get him. We had even signed up with LDS Family Services to adopt a baby because we just didn't think that we would be able to conceive a child. So we put in the application, paid the money, met with a counselor, made our picture collage, wrote our letter to potential birth mothers, re-wrote it and re-wrote it again, had a home check to make sure that all of our Pine-Sol and 409 cleaners were in a lock box (even though any joe schmoe can have a baby and leave those things under the sink!), and then got approved. Then we waited. And waited. And waited. Then we conceived Dallin. So we got kicked off that waiting list. We were SO blessed to have Dallin in our lives! Then when he was 9 months, we decided we ought to start trying again. After about 6 months we decided to start the adoption process again, just in case Dallin was a fluke. So we contacted Family Services in the county that we had moved to since the last time. A few months later we found out we were pregnant again, but then lost it. Then we got Maggie just a short 2 months later. Then of course, we lost this last one. We seem to have issues with this.

The reason that these things have been on my mind lately is that my favorite Elder from my mission (Asher) and his wife have been married now for 10 years and they haven't been able to birth their own children. They have decided that they would like to pursue children through LDS Family Services. They sent me a link to their adoption website. I would like to let anyone reading this know that if they know someone who is expecting a baby and not able or wanting to raise their child that there are so many couples out there who would LOVE to do so! Having been one of those couples longing for a baby to hold and raise - I know how grateful Asher and Amy or another couple would be to have a little one to care for. Do with this what you will. It has just been on my mind a lot since receiving Asher's email and wanted to share it with you all. (Don't worry - Asher said I could!!)

http://www.providentliving.org/ses/birthmother/viewsingleprofile/0,12272,2133-1-8069-1-1,00.html

Please take a look and keep them in mind if you happen to know of someone or know of someone who knows of someone or something like that! Have a great day!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh! It's about time. I've been having withdrawals! :)

bechtold clan said...

what a great post monica...thanks for sharing.