Friday, July 4, 2008

4th Festivities



I love the 4th at my dad's house!! We had such a great time! Since my dad lives in Arkansas now and didn't get to Indianapolis until Thursday night we didn't have the fireworks for the big show early. So this morning Dad took Jeremy, Brayden, David and Dallin to get the fireworks.




We were being hopeful that we would be able to use them as this was the radar for the morning.


We live in Avon. Right in the darker green part. It has been raining almost the whole time I have been here. But that's ok. Look - there is a Jose Cuervo ad!! We kind of felt the need with the kids inside for so many days!!

It did stop raining about noon. But since it had been raining for a few days straight and we didn't have any kerosene to start the bonfire with - we didn't. I think we are going to do it on Saturday night. After the rain stopped the kids got to play outside.



Maggie loved all the puddles... Her dainty pink shoes are ruined.


Oh well...

Now this mountain of gravel in the driveway - I wondered if it was the same one that they played on last year. It is.. Just smaller...



Of course the day can't be had without trying out a few firecrackers and smoke bombs... Maggie didn't like it a whole lot!



This is a comparison of last year and this year of Maggie. Crazy!


She is much more mobile this year. During dinner she came out of the bathroom laughing her head off. She stuck her head in the toilet. Gross. That is all I can say... Gross. So we took a 2nd bath of the day!!



People started pulling in about 7:00. There weren't nearly the number of people here this year as last year. BUT - we had a DJ this year! Music - I love music!!
So does Lars... But you can't tell that he is dancing around. Dancing pictures don't usually work out so well - But when he told me to delete the picture I told him it was going to be on the blog... So it is!!!

As dusk fell the sparklers came out.


Then the show started. This year definitely out did last year! It was amazing!!!










And my dad was tickled pink that it turned out so well. He is like a kid in a candy store with all these explosives!!!! Happy 4th everyone!!!

0 comments: