Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Plane Rides

Today we had a Mommy/Student day in Karate. This is also the day that I was taking my first plane ride alone with 2 children. So we were going to have quite the busy day. We got as ready as we could then were off to Karate. I got called out by Sensei Jeff for not yelling Hi-ya when I punched. I did, but apparently he didn't hear me. Oh well.

So then we were off to get Scott to take us to the airport. Of course I didn't leave quite enough time to not be stressed out. We did get to the gate with 10 minutes to spare. Within 20 minutes of taking off Maggie had dumped my water all over me and my carry on bag soaking everything inside of it. There was an empty seat next to me so Maggie got to sit in her own seat. Although I didn't know this before sending the car seat under the plane.

We landed in Concourse C at Dallas. We had to go to Concourse A to catch our conncecting flight. In Dallas they have these nifty trains you can catch to get from Concourse to Concourse. There is a stop for A22 - 39 and A1 - 21 or something like that. I thought that I heard our gate was A16. So we run to the elevator - hop on the train - get off - run back to the elevator - go down - run to the screens to confirm. I see that the plane for Indianapolis is at gate A33. WE GOT OFF ON THE WRONG FREAKING STOP!!! So we run BACK to the elevator - get back on the train - get off - run back to the elevator - run back to the gates. Luckily the gate we needed was just right there. They were halfway done boarding the plane. Poor little Dallin. He had to run as fast as his little legs would carry him with a huge backpack on!!

This is the load that we were carrying running through the airports...

When we got into Indianapolis we had to get our bags and car rental. As my bag comes around the thingy I notice that I am seeing my clothing. GREAT... What a wonderful day! I pull it off and notice that the zipper is broken. Then I notice that my camera bag is at the TOP of the bag instead of the bottom where I packed it. It was unzipped. WELL! Good thing I kept my camera in my carry on!!! I guess someone was a little disappointed when they opened up my camera bag and found it filled with Korean BBQ sauce instead of a camera!!!

Oh well - it was a day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great. You were in Dallas and you didn't even come for a visit.

That's okay. We didn't want to see you anyway.

The next time I fly through SLC, I'm not even going to tell you.

Some friends you are.