Monday, July 7, 2008

Country Living


I tell you what... I love being in the country. Saturday evening I was out getting ready to take pictures of our burn pile. There was a "gul deeoh" (as my niece told me) out front. I was much better positioned to get a good shot of this one. (Shot meaning PICTURE - not bang)

So since it was so rainy for the past few days we didn't get to light the bon fire on Friday night. But Saturday night we were going to do it!

Jeremy came out confident and prepared! I would tell you what was in the green bottle - but since I don't know if it's legal - I won't.

Then Brayden shot the roman candle. And it didn't work.

So Jeremy comes back from the garage a little sheepish with gasoline....

This time David shot the roman candle into the pile and it caught!!!

YAE!
Then later that night we shot off the fireworks that didn't get done the night before...

The next day the kids and David (my nephew) and I went off to Michigan! I tell you - my kid will find Lego Star Wars wherever he is!!!!

Maggie has been doing this new trick of taking off her diaper. I think I will be trying to potty train her soon. But now we have to duct tape her diaper to her. What a pain!!!

This afternoon my mother and I decided that we would take the kids to a park and have a Wendy's picnic there. It was sunny all morning. But then it started getting really dark. And windy. Then it started sprinkling and then pouring. We went under a pavilion - but then just gave up and came home! Oh well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Magpie look like she is having a great time! Glad you are having fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Scotty had to stay home and work??? Hmmm. Separate vacations?
-----
I have a similar picture of a deer on my blog. Except it's getting shot. Actually, it's a video.
-----
I'm not sure what to say about the duct-taped diaper.
-----
The police in my old town of Decatur found a kid duct-taped to a tree about 2 weeks ago. Her parents were arrested. I'm just sayin'...