Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Trip Home

Well - I didn't blog about my trip out to Indy - but it certainly wasn't the BEST trip of my life. Lost about $200 worth of DVDs, smart mouthed to by a flight attendant, water all over me and my carry on bag, broken luggage, going to the wrong train stop... Oh I guess I did talk a little bit about it.

Well - I am home now. And not without a few hiccups yesterday. The day started at 4:00 am Eastern Time. I had to get ready, finish packing morning things, get the bags and kids in the car. Luckily my brother and I returned the rental the night before. So he was kind enough to get up at 4:30 to take us to the airport.

Our flight left at 6:10 am ET. Luckily both kids slept about half of that flight. Although this poor soul in front of me had Maggie sitting on my lap. I tried to keep her off the seatback, but there were a few pushes... We get off the plane in Dallas. This time we had 3 whole hours to kill before our next flight. As soon as I can turn my phone on I have a text from Scott and a voicemail. Wow - I am pretty popular at 5 am Mountain Time!!! I see Scott's text says, "Just got a message flight is cancelled." I started to panic. Then I check my voicemail. An automated lady is telling me that my flight from Dallas to Salt Lake has been cancelled. BUT DON'T WORRY... we booked you on a flight tomorrow at 10:50 am. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I really didn't know what I was going to do. I have my brother in Ft. Worth and Kevin in Texas at some lake house somewhere that I could call if I needed too. But at the end of a 2 week trip with 2 small children and anticipating being in your own bed that night. It was too much for me and I started crying. I go up to some poor lady behind a desk and just said I didn't know who to call but I HAD to get home today. She told me to hurry to gate A34 because there were a few seats left on that flight that was leaving in 2 hours. So we did. And got on.

As I am finishing with the agent I turn and see that poor soul who sat in front of me on the last flight. Strange... As we are boarding the flight I see him still there... Hmmm.... We get on the plane and that poor guy was sitting in front of me again!!!!!!!! This time I knew my Maggie was not going to sleep and he was in trouble. I said, "How did you get fortunate enough to sit in front of us on BOTH flights?" He said, "I have NO idea." He wasn't pleased. Sorry dude!

So we get off the plane and are very happy to see daddy!!! Then the luggage thing stops turning and my bags didn't come off it. SOOOOO I go to the lady and my bags didn't make the flight. But they WILL deliver them. They will be in on the 3:30 flight and then I should get them by 6 or so.... YA - RIGHT! 11:00 pm Mountain Time (1:00 am ET) I am calling the airlines trying to see if I can go to bed or not. 11:15 pm my bags finally showed up. 11:17 pm I was passed out cold!

Now we are off to Mt. Rushmore tonight. I am very excited about it! It should be a really fun trip!!!!

5 comments:

Jarhead™ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got home but you know you could have called. We would have loved to have you and the kids for a visit ~ even if ity was only overnight.

Lisa Burbidge said...

Sounds like fun, this is why I have fear of flying next year with all four kids by myself!!!!!! I am really hoping Nate will find time to go on a vacation!!

Anonymous said...

You poor thing. I'm glad you got home though. Have fun on your next adventure.

Robyn

The Gordon Clan said...

Wow! It sounds like you have had quite the adventures lately! I'm glad you made it home safe and semi-sound. That's my kind of travel there! So, I just have to tell you that it makes me laugh every time I see a pic of Mggie eating dirt. My kid eats dirt too - what is up with these kids. The other day Taylor was licking rain water up off the sidewalk. I guess they're not dead yet - so whatever floats their boats!