Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Outside...

My kids absolutely LOVE being outside! I love it too!


It's also gettin' in the garden time! I love that there are so many beautiful plants and flowers out. Now - I am NOT an annual plant planter. I am all about the perennial. Plant it once and have it come back for years! We have been in our home now for 3 1/2 years. We have been working on this perennial thing. Let me show you some of the beautiful flowers in our Outside!!!








Aren't they just gorgeous??!!! Love them!!!

Now some things that AREN'T gorgeous! I have a dream of getting a greenhouse, growing all my own plants from seed and maybe even bringing in some income by doing this! The problem... I suck at it! I grew tomatoes, peppers, and zucchini this year. Weeeeeeeeelllll.... Let's take a look.

Here is a tomato...



Here is another tomato...



Which one do you think that I grew??? Aaaaaaand... which one came from Joe's Greenhouse???

Now... Here are 2 pepper plants...


Yes... the one on the left IS in fact a pepper plant.

I think I need to get a job next year in a greenhouse!!! But I still love being outside!!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

You're a woman after my own heart - I love the perennials too! Every spring I get so excited as they start to appear. I, however, just gave up totally on sprouting my own vegetable seeds. I didn't even get them past one or two leaves before they croaked. Milcreek Gardens it is!

Lisa Burbidge said...

mon, they all look great. You know Nate and I are gardners all the way we have 10 flower beds all are just looking great, and this year Nate made me a twenty foot garden so I can grow, but for me I will never try the seed thing it just takes way to long!!!!

Anonymous said...

Monica I think Maggie looks
so cute on Dallins bike with her long curly hair. Your flowers are also cute especially the bleading hearts they are so cute and they are blooming so quit, I LOVE ALL YOUR FLOWERS Monica.

Stinkbombers said...

Yeah I love Maggie's hair in that first picture! It's adorable!

Anonymous said...

I have always loved the bleading hearts... they are awsome. working in the yard has never been something I enjoyed. Just the fact that you are able to work in durt and enjoy it, makes you an amazing women.