Thursday, December 11, 2008

In case you missed the sunset this evening....

To borrow from kevin from tx.... (thanks!) I didn't intend on being a copy cat...

I have a friend who hears an ambulance and gets so much anxiety that she physically cannot stop herself from getting in the car to find out what is going on. Tonight she mocked me.

I was getting dinner ready and looked outside. I saw this.


Incredible. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE sunsets! Well - maybe not ANYONE who knows me... but I LOVE SUNSETS! I would probably love sunrises too if I were up that early. Any-hoo... that's not the point. The point IS... this sunset was gorgeous tonight. And since when I go in my backyard there are six OTHER backyards right there, there are also lots of power lines.


Since this picture just wouldn't do - I strapped Maggie in her car seat and raced up the hill that we live at the bottom of. I got some better shots...





Spectacular, isn't it?

Now those aren't photoshopped at all. Here is what they would look like if I had...



I can't decide which I like better. I almost like the natural just as God gave it to us ones... Except that you can see the lake better in this last one.

My friend said to me tonight, "You make fun of me for getting in my car to go after a siren but you jump in the car for a sunset??!"

Touche Lasca!!!!

2 comments:

lindygirl said...

We enjoyed the sunset tonight too. We were driving home from piano lessons. I wish I had my camera! Glad to see someone captured the beauty!

Tam said...

I love sunsets. We get some great ones here and I always have to get my camera.

Thanks for sharing yours. I really miss Utah skies.