Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wintery Weekend

What a fun wintery weekend! So I was just bragging about how nice our weather has been... Not really anymore! But it's really about time!


We woke up to this Saturday morning.



It stopped for a little bit on Saturday. But since this is our 7 day forecast...

I am pretty sure we are in for a white Christmas - which is always welcome!!!!!

So we started the day with building a nice cozy fire...



Then there was playing in the snow...


Of course since one of my children refuses to wear gloves for more than a minute she gets way too cold and has to come in...

Notice the Elmo jammie bottoms??? Ya. Nice.


This morning we woke to this....


We have church at 9 am so after we came home we made another fire, ate lunch and went out to shovel the driveway and sidewalks. (Scott has already done this before we left for church but it needed to be done again when we got home.)



I guess I should be glad that she is eating snow instead of dirt....








Dallin is such a hard worker when he wants to be! We got the kids these little snow shovels hoping it would help them want to help more...

It worked!



Do you see the cleared driveway in the pictures above? Do you know how much I hate stinking, freaking, flipping snowplows????

So much for all our hard work! Stinkin', flippin', grumble, mummble, grumble...

Dallin worked so hard that he got to play in the backyard for a bit.








I think Maggie had had enough... Priss!

I can say that - cause I used to be one! :) Or maybe I still am one????

3 comments:

Tam said...

We got hit last night and today. I think it is -3 out there right now. We haven't played in it yet though. I have a little boy that won't wear anything warm. I spent about 30 minutes yesterday trying to get his snow suit on. I put it on - he pulled it off. So for now it is just loving it from a distance!!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how Dallin will ride a sled down a slide with no snow on it, but goes down a snowy slide on his knees?? Just curious..Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

brrrrrr, looks cold and fun! i love all the great pics, you are getting good with the camera.