Saturday, November 10, 2007

A light at the end of the tunnel!!!

I am so very thrilled! We sanded on Thursday night. The last of our major sanding. Have you ever used a palm sander? I can now say that I have!!! I don't get along well with power tools. I don't really know why. Just don't. But I did it. My arms were just about to fall off. I had to get the whole room (walls and ceiling) sanded by Friday morning. Scott was working late. So it was up to me. I couldn't be a wuss about it any longer. It makes a REALLY big mess. I have to wear a mask or I can't really breath. When Scott got home I gladly handed the task over to him...

And then on Friday, my friend Steff came over and we textured the ceiling. Have you ever textured a ceiling before? I can now say that I have!!! It's quite cool! Can you see any cool shapes?

Scott and I were up Friday night finishing it.

For me - a late night is usually - say 10:00. We didn't get to bed until 11:45. And then Maggie decided she wasn't going to sleep through the night. Once you have all these little peaks then you go and break them off when it's dry. And you have this left over! That was this morning...

So right now Scott and Dallin are priming the walls. We still need to prime and paint the ceiling. I am hoping to get 2 coats of paint done on Monday. A friend of mine said she would take both kids for me. I hope that works out! Scott has to do the laminate flooring on Tuesday night so the carpet guy can come on Wednesday!!!!!!! We do still have to stain the moldings and get them up too. But that can be done after the carpet.

As we are working on the basement we have the radio on. Today it happened to be on Movin' 100.7. "If you listen for an hour - you'll likely be in a good mood". The radio is playing something like Cold Hearted Snake or I'm too Sexy or something. Dallin is priming along and says, "This beautiful music makes me want to paint." Where does he get this stuff??

I am really going to love my basement when it is done. But I tell you what. This project that started out so small to begin with has grown and grown. If we are going to do this - we might as well do this - and if we are going to do that - well then, we might as well just go a little bit bigger to do this - until we completely gutted our basement and re-did it. I know that it will be very nice - but these past few months have been pure H*E*double toothpicks!!!!
I am so excited to be almost done! Christmas in our basement will be wonderful! Actually the basement IS our Christmas this year! At least for Scott and me.

4 comments:

The Holcombs said...

Wow it is really coming along. Good job. Thanks for coming to our rescue on Sunday, it was so nice to see you and spend one on one time together. I hope we can see eachother again soon and on much better circumstances. Thanks for saving the day!

I can't wait to see your basement all finished, it will be so beautiful.

Oh by the way, tag your it. Go to my blog to see what I mean, but it is fun.

The Gordon Clan said...

It is looking good! You guys are doing a great job. And, by the way, I really like your glasses Monica, they look really cute on you!

Anonymous said...

"This beautiful music makes me want to paint." Where does he get this stuff??

Probably from his Daddy! hmmmm...

Rachel said...

I'm so proud of you guys! The basement is looking great. I LOVE that picture of the two of you - I HATE sanding. My skin crawls just looking at that dust all over you. I can't wait to come see the finished product!