Saturday, November 24, 2007

Turkey Day and Christmas Trees

Dallin and I prepped lots on Wednesday before Thanksgiving - so we could have a relaxing Thursday. We made mashed potatoes, pumpkin pies and gingerbread cookies. The mashed potatoes and pies were for Thursday and the cookies are for Dallin's friends for Christmas. They are the Nauvoo gingerbread cookies and are better if they have been frozen and then thawed. So that makes for an easier Christmas-time too!

I had to try the pie. It was REALLY good!

Dallin decided he needed to try the cookie dough. It's really good too!



We went to Scott's parent's house for Turkey Day. It was fun to get together with as much of the family that could get together! It was a beautiful spread - the don't put in the dishwasher china, silver and crystal.

Miles fired up the dutch oven and cooked the turkey outside...


It was really moist and yummy! Maggie decided that she needed to carry an old record player around the house. It must weigh close to what she does!!


We talked and laughed for hours. It was really nice. I got to see my sister, Lynnette too! She and her boyfriend came over about 4 (for their 2nd dinner!!). But they saved room!

Then of course the day after Thanksgiving - UGH! I thought I would run out to Kohl's to take advantage of some really great prices! I didn't get up at 3:30 to get there by 4. I thought - It can't be THAT bad! I got up at 6:45 and got there at 7. The lines went from the registers to the back of the store and met in the middle. I thought to myself that I would just wander and the line HAD to dwindle down. Well it did - but I still waited for 1 hour 5 minutes. Although I don't feel too bad about it. I got several Christmas gifts done! I will be a little more strategic next year. I will see if Lynnette can sleep over and play with the kids while I take Scott. He will stand in line while I shop. When I am done, he should be pretty close to the front of the line!!!! HA!

And last but not least - we had to put up our Charlie Brown fake tree! IN OUR NEWLY COMPLETED BASEMENT!!!!!!!! I think we need to get a new star. Maybe not quite so heavy??

2 comments:

bechtold clan said...

I love it! I think the tree looks great!

Anonymous said...

Dang, you're all bragging about posting twice a day and now nothing for days!! Get with it, girl!! :)