Friday, November 16, 2007

Six Interesting Things About Me..

So I was tagged by Mandy earlier this week. But with such a busy week, I thought I would push this off until Friday. I still don't know if I can think of SIX interesting things about me ~ but here goes! PS... After the carpet was installed yesterday, Maggie fell from the 3rd step to the bottom. Once again - Mother of the Year!

1. I wasn't in the same school for 2 school years in a row until I was in high school (A possibility might be 1st and 2nd grades - but I can't remember exactly). I moved around A LOT. I will go through them. Born in Baltimore, MD, California (I think), Taiwan, Illinois (2 times), Virginia (2 times), California, Idaho, Georgia, Virginia (again), Maryland (again). I usually remember how old I was when something happened to me based on where I was living when it happened. Strange - I know. Especially since my husband was born and raised in the same house. His folks are still there! I have also lived in Korea for a spell!

2. I have 4 parents and gobs of grandparents... My parents split up when I was 3-ish and both are re-married. My kids get lots of grandparent-al love! They are so very lucky!!

3. I can texture a ceiling and mud/sand seams in drywall as good as any contractor! heheheheheeee OK... Maybe not QUITE as good as a contractor~

UGH - 3 more???!!!

4. I have been on 2 cruises in my life. One with my former roommates and one with my hubby. My roommies and I felt like hot stuff on this cruise until when we were in the port in the Bahamas - a Carnival or Disney cruise ship was docked next to us. Then we felt pretty insignificant. More like we were on a dinghy. So when I arranged a cruise for Scott's graduation I asked specifically, "This isn't a Dolphin cruise ship is it?" "Nope - it's a Princess cruise ship." Ok... I bought the little package. We pull into the same parking garage. We walk to the same dock. IT'S THE SAME STINKING SHIP BUT PRINCESS BOUGHT THEM OUT!!! Even all the signs still had dolphins on them. But I was able to show Scott right where the bath tub they called a pool was and where the dining hall was, etc... I am still wanting to go on a REAL cruise!!!

5. I desperately want to own a Bed and Breakfast or a campground somewhere - sometime in my life. We actually semi-looked at one in New Hampshire a number of years back. But just didn't know how to come up with 1.7 million dollars... Any Suggestions??!!

6. I have come a long way from my Miss Priss days before meeting Scott. I now camp, bike (very occasionally), garden, re-do a basement, hang out my laundry ~ actually sweat from time to time!!!!!

So there you have it! Six semi-interesting things about me! I guess now I am supposed to call on people to do this too. How about Brooke, Tam, Sarah E. (if she gets her blog going this week), Val and Rachel.

4 comments:

Tam said...

Your list was great but I was really upset to read it... I was tagged about two weeks ago and have been putting it off. You were on my list!!! Owell that's what I get for putting things off.

I loved number 6 about being miss priss. I can't believe you hang your laundry out. I have always wanted to do that but our HOA won't approve it.

Tam said...

I just read your comment from my blog. YES We will get together. Just let me know when you will be here. We will have a great time!! I will be up your way the first week in December. Hopefully we won't overlap

Anonymous said...

Oh, Monica! I can think of a few more than six interesting things about you! How about you were a Brownie and a Girl Scout! You learned to play the violin and started learning the viola! You loved to help cook and especially bake. You were always a good protector of your younger brothers and sister. You always smiled! Rarely did we ever see a frown on your face! But, yes you have evolved from being a miss priss. I can still remember the shock I felt when I heard of your biking with Scott......I thought, 'well, she must really like this guy!'

Anonymous said...

i have been so busy i just now checked this, so cute. great way to get to know you better. love that. anyway, really great job. wow you moved more than i thought!!! 2 cruises are more than i have been on. i had no idea you were so prissy, i knew i liked you! jared thinks i am a priss too.