Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Rebooting the system

You know when there is a problem with your computer, it's running slow, doing something screwy... you just reboot it - turn it off and then back on? Then miraculously it is working again! I think that I have been rebooted. For 7 years my body was really screwy. We couldn't have kids unless we were on medication, etc. After we had Maggie we had a little surprise baby. Well, we once again have been surprised. Apparently I am going to have to go on birth control if we are wanting to prevent more babies. I am 10 weeks 4 days pregnant. Scott and I went to the doctor today. I actually thought that there were problems as this has been a very different pregnancy than my other 4. I have thrown up only once. I am constantly tired and nauseous and miserable and cranky and don't really know how Scott puts up with me. Although that part is normal. But the not throwing up is odd. I haven't gained any weight yet. Just different. But everything looks fine. At this point anyway.

So here is (hopefully) the first of many photos of our newest addition.


I am still not quite sure if I am "excited" about this. I have been having guilt of not being overjoyed and gushing with love for this little one growing inside of me. (And there is only one - he double checked...) I typically am an optimistic person. But for lots of reasons have been extremely pessimistic this time around. Scott says I need an attitude adjustment.

Any prayers that would be thrown our way would be greatly appreciated! You could pray the baby will make it... You could pray that my sanity will stay in tact if it doesn't... we aren't all that picky at this point!

Anyway - just thought that I would share our good news!!

12 comments:

Tricia said...

No attitude adjustment required! I know that when you are sure that this baby is yours, you will love it as much as you have/do the others. I love you and I am so happy for you - oh, and I am praying for you.

bechtold clan said...

wow monica congrats to you both. I know how hard getting excited would be but Im sure that will come with time. I will be praying as well that things will be alright.

Rachel said...

Oh my friends, I can understand some mixed emotions - you've been through so much in the baby department. I will certainly have you in my prayers and will send my joyful feelings your way...if you need to come hang out on my couch while the kids play come on down anytime. We'd love to have you. You can just lie there and feel sick, okay? I'll make you mashed potatoes. And I do offer my congratulations. Way to reboot, sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You may not be excited, but I'm excited for you! Congrats. Scott is a good guy...he'll wait until after the baby is born to take his revenge for your crankiness. :)

Tam said...

Hey this calls for a celebration. I guess we are going to have to get moving if we will once again have children the same age. Well - no I think I will just let you have one extra. I will try for the next one!!

Remind me to tell you a story (if) when we talk on the phone. I think it may help.

napalmbrain said...

Congratulations! Prayers from me, as well.

Anonymous said...

Congrats of course. We love you and know it is exciting and scary at the same time. You will be in our prayers!

manderskids said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! If you need an ice cream buddy, just call! :D

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. REALLY Happy Birthday, Scott!

Monica, I hope that was a joke about birth control. I think we Catholics think along the same lines as the LDS faithful when it comes to BC... :)

Lisa Burbidge said...

I am glad to see all is going well. I know the troubles you have been throught I too have been there but we got two at a time so we are taking our break!!! Come down again so we can hang out!! IKEA is waiting!!

The Gordon Clan said...

Congratulations you guys! Our prayers will be with you! I hope this little one hangs in there!!!

Valerie said...

I will be praying for you! This is very exciting. Please keep us all updated on the progress! I love stuff like this. I have to live vicariously through others! haha
And Monica! Sorry about all that wonderful snow up there! I know you're not a cold person.
I thought it was bad at my place getting stuck in the snow and having to get pushed out. And we only got 5-10 inches! I guess I can't complain!