Friday, January 4, 2008

Stress Eating

I am a stress eater. I admit it. Chocolate is my main happy place. Today, I am eating a HUGE bowl of the big guns... Ice Cream. Normally it's just a small piece of chocolate that I keep hidden from everyone in the house. Ok... So the big guns is fat free ice cream. But it is still a really big bowl. At least for me. I am not the ice cream eater in our house. That would be Scott.

I guess that I have created a dawdler in Dallin. And it drives me absolutely INSANE! How does it take 3 1/2 hours to change your clothes, make your bed and pick the toys up off of your floor??? I purposely keep our lives pretty low key. I don't like to have us be cramming tons of stuff into a day. In fact there will be days where we don't even leave the house. So maybe I have created a child who doesn't see the urgency in getting things done first thing in the morning. Even though he isn't allowed to play or go to friend's houses or have them over until he has them done - he can find entertainment in a rubber band that he may find in his room while cleaning it.

Ugh! And then little Miss Maggie. My spatulas, wooden spoons and Dallin's magnetic leap frog letters are constantly on my kitchen floor. We have broken a few kitchen utensils by stepping and tripping on them. And with it being Friday and I have had my fill of alone time with my children - I needed the Breyer's today.

But then I look on my camera and find the cute adorable children that I just love. Especially on bath nights. Both of our kids LOVE bath nights. Last night we asked Maggie if she wanted to take a bath. She immediately was trying to take her clothes off. She wasn't able to get her shirt off and started screaming.


Then Maggie just LOVES to read. If I am not wanting to read to her, she will just hunker down and get to it herself.


Then there is my acrobatic little boy. Jumping off the couch. And what did I do? Take a picture. Making my life harder by having to say in the future, "I know I took a picture of you doing that - but don't jump on the furniture!" UGH!!! Why is parenting so difficult???!!!!

So there you have it. You know what a bad parent I am....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, you are the total Opodite of a bad parent!

Anonymous said...

HE HE ... when I ment to say was OPPOSITE!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH I CANT SPELL TODAY... that time I ment to say WHAT

Rachel said...

Oh Monica, you're a great mommy. And it is rough. We're having a bit of an ice cream day over here ourselves. I'm a pro at hiding chocolate in the house. It's mine! All mine!!!!!

bechtold clan said...

I like your suggestion on the name! haha...

Anonymous said...

Lance is a major dawdler (sp?). And a furniture jumper. He'll run across the room and just dive onto the carpet while I sit on the couch and wince. They're wild at that age.

Scott, you need to do a little "manscaping." That chest hair is getting out of control there, buddy.