Thursday, January 17, 2008

Showers and Pizza

They don't have anything to do with each other. Just things that I would like to ramble about. We have a fire going today because it's only 20 degrees outside today. Dallin is really good about staying away from the fireplace. Maggie, not so much. She really likes to open it, look in, say "HOT" and then add stuff to the fire. So when I have a fire going and need to shower, Maggie gets locked in the bathroom with me. She will usually find her bath toys under the sink and drop them into the tub. Well, today it was a little quiet. Every once in a while the water pressure would go down. (She flushed the toilet) Then I noticed that I am getting water rising in the tub. It's up to my ankles and I am thinking - that is strange. I looked back and saw all of our wash clothes and a couple of hand towels covering the drain... And a very wet Maggie looking up at me smiling her gummy 6 toothed smile!!




UGH! If she keeps this up I will be doing a lot of laundry. So I moved the towels to the back of the shower and had to try to keep her from adding more towels while finishing my business. She did get a hold of a bath towel and tried to get it in - but it was too big for her to get in the tub.

Last night as she was cheesing it for us Scott asked her, "Are you ever gonna have more than 6 teeth little girl??!!" That is a good question. I hope the rest of them come in!!

Now on to Pizza. I think it was last week I was flipping channels at 4:00 because I wanted to catch some news before I started dinner. I couldn't remember which station airs news at 4 so started with channel 2. Oprah was just starting and she says, "My best friend Gayle went around the US looking for the best pizza." Well - that piqued my interest, as pizza is on my top 2 or 3 list for favorite foods. I am not typically an Oprah watcher. Not typically a tv watcher really. Except for The Amazing Race (WHICH IS HAVING IT'S FINALE THIS WEEKEND!!!) and Lost (WHICH IS STARTING AGAIN ON THE 31st!!!!!). SO - I am totally wanting pizza lately. She went to Ledo's Pizza in Maryland (her alma mater - nice picture of her from the 70's) and they make square pizzas. They serve them on cafeteria trays. I reminisced about my pizza slinging days at the Pizza Oven in Rockville, MD. They also made square pizzas... well more rectangle and also served them on cafeteria trays. That was probably my favorite job that I have ever had. And they had REALLY good pizza! Gayle went to one place that had a sweet sauce and salty cheese (maybe the same place??). She found out that the cheese they use is smoked provolone. So I am looking for some sweet sauce recipes online and going to run to the store today to try to find some smoked provolone. I also want to try a different pizza crust. I like mine, but I think that I want to try something a little more.... mmmmm.... different. So if anyone has a great pizza crust recipe that they use, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I am making little pizzas tomorrow night because we are watching a few pre-teens while their folks have a fun night out... So get them to me QUICK!!!

Although my all time most absolutely most awesomest favoritest (get the idea??) pizza in the world is Monical's Pizza. Not just because it has my name in it's name... but because they have the GREATEST thin crust pizza I have ever had in my life. I crave it terribly each time I am pregnant... What am I saying... I crave it ALL the time. But especially when I am pregnant. We went to Indianapolis this summer and I was expecting our baby. I got Monical's 4 times in a 10 day period. It was wonderful!! I used to have to drive 45 - 60 minutes to Danville, IL to get the the closest Monical's when I would visit. It used to be only in Illinois (where most of my family is from) but have recently branched to Indianapolis. I wonder if they would let me open one out here???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There used to be a pizza place in Indianapolis called Noble Roman's and I remember it always used to be a treat to get to go there. They had a big window in front where you could watch the guys make the pizza (which was also square ~ an Indy thing??) and they had a big projection screen where they would show old cartoons and Laurel & Hardy and Three Stooges.

GodFather's Pizza started in the midwest too, I think.

The Holcombs said...

I wish I knew good pizza receipes, but I just go buy it. I am so lazy! But now you got me craving pizza. Yum!!!