Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Utah = Scrapbooking?

So I guess I didn't realize that the general population would link Utahans with Scrapbooking and needlepointing, etc... I read this blog "Confessions of a Pioneer Woman". She is hilarious, does cooking days and I have gotten lots of really good recipes from her, photography lessons, and is just generally hilarious. She was a big city girl that married a rancher and now is hours away from a mall and homeschools her children. Today she is holding a beauty pageant for some of her female horses... and this is one of the contestants...


"Showing us her breathtaking profile is Rebecca, our contestant from Utah! Rebecca loves knitting, scrapbooking, needlecrafts, and scratching her back on fence posts. Oh, and Rebecca really loves people."

Are Mormons the only ones who Scrapbook??? I actually fail miserably at scrapbooking. That is mostly why I blog. Then I print out the blogs and keep it as a journal of our family with photos included... I do have an attempt at a baby scrapbook for both of my kids. I actually just started Maggie's a week ago. I figured I ought to get on the ball in case we have another one in August.

On a totally different and much more serious subject - I would like to let my husband know publicly - (this is as public as it can get - on the Internet!) how much I absolutely adore him. In 1 month's time 2 people that we know have tragically lost their husbands. One is a lady that Scott works with. She was on maternity leave. They had a 6 week old - their first baby. Now I guess about 10 weeks. He went skiing - hit a tree and died. Last week my former college roommate's husband went to work and left for the emergency room with abdominal pains. Called his wife and by the time she got to the hospital he was gone. They have 4 children. I love my husband with all of my heart. I know that there is a plan for us and Heavenly Father is in charge. I know that he won't give us anything that we cannot handle with His help. Don't let the people that you love dearly ever doubt your feelings for them. You never truly know when the last time you get to lay eyes on them is.

Of course, now I am looking into Nanny services for Scott in case I kick it. Of course I am also a psycho that obsesses with death while I am pregnant. I don't know why. It is not an easy thing - to find a nanny. I think I might just tell him to ask Kevin from Texas to help him out. So now you know one of my psychotic tendencies... Poor Scott. I am just so glad that he loves me regardless!!!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, Mon - I'm so sorry about those families who lost their daddy/husband. I'm going to go cling to Troy for a while. Maybe hold onto his legs and cry and beg him not to leave me...

Anonymous said...

Sad about your friends losing their husbands. Kinda puts a damper on my comments about scrapbooking. Just for the record, it is a very Utah thing to do, but it's catching on. We actually have a scrapbooking store in Decatur, of all places.

Tell your hairy husband to call if he needs help finding a nanny.

bechtold clan said...

Im the same way- prepare for the worst! I guess thats why Ive always insisted upon a good life insurance policy...even when funds are tight.