Sunday, March 16, 2008

I'm such a sap!

We are very much a schedule and routine family. If my kids miss a nap or are late to bed, I pay for it dearly the next day. We have sung to Dallin since he was just a tiny baby as we are putting him to bed. Maggie - not so much. She seems to get more irritable when we try to sing to her. Well, at least when I try to sing to her. Scott says she likes it when HE sings... But she loves him more than me anyway!

Today in Sacrament Meeting, the intermediate hymn was "I Am A Child Of God", which is a primary song that Dallin has learned in primary and that we sing every single night before bed. He always has to have "3 child of gods" (meaning all 3 verses). When he heard the song starting to play he instantly perked up and said, "I know this song!" He sat on my lap and belted out all 3 verses as loud as he could. I was teary and sappy the whole song and then at the end it all just spilled over and I was practically blubbering. Scott said that he even teared up. He was so pleased with himself! It is at times like these that I love being a parent!

The lady in front of us turned around after the song and gave Dallin a thumbs up and said, "Good job bud!"

2 comments:

Tam said...

I love that song. It is the one song that I always sang to my kids when I was putting them to bed or when I needed them to calm down. K can sing almost every verse and it is the one song that she asks me to sing to her. I love that song.

Lisa Burbidge said...

I just wish my kids would be quite enought to hear the music!!! Lisa