Thursday, October 9, 2008

Chickens

Today Joy School went on a field trip! There is a house around the corner that has chickens and roosters. So Connie called to see if we could take the kids there. It was so great! A little field trip that took less than 30 minutes to walk there, see them and walk back! Perfect for little attention spans!


Counting the chickens... Of course we have to look and act like the roosters!!!
The similarities are amazing!!!! Maggie and Grace were content to sit for most of it.
They were so cute walking and holding on to the rope! Maggie was holding it too until we came to a lawn mower. She gets scared and wants me to hold her around loud machines...
The shot from behind is better than the shot from in front. Why you might wonder? Dallin was throwing a major fit because he wasn't first in line. Then he started crying because they laughed at him for crying. I don't know how to help him not have such a tender heart. It really drives me bonkers!!!!!
But then again - if he wasn't a tender heart, he wouldn't be my snuggle bug....

Anyhoo! Our field trip to the chickens... It makes me want some..... Wanna build a chicken coop babe?

PS... 19 more jelly jars of apple butter and 2 pints! 1 pint broke all over the garage floor. So I think I was already irritable with Dallin and then his fit... UGH!

3 comments:

Tam said...

The first thing I thought was that you got Chickens - then the second thought was where would they go during winter!!! I am glad that you had such a good time.

I have been thinking about a Joy School type thing for James. He will be starting something next year and I really didn't like the school I got Kessa in last year.

Congrats again on the jars. It really makes me regret never using my apple tree in Utah.

keco said...

If you get chickens, please don't get a rooster, that other one starts crowing at 5:30 in the morning it drives me crazy!

Robyn said...

I felt really bad for Dallin....poor kid. It made me sad when I saw him cry. I just wanted to give him a big hug.