Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Where Oh Where...

12 years ago I inherited a cat. A kitten actually. That turned into a cat. I was living in Indiana. He was a very frightened kitty. Scared of every little thing. I moved to Utah about 7 or 8 months after inherited this kitty. People said that I should leave the cat. But I just couldn't. This kitty licked away my tears when I was sad. We shared a bond. He wouldn't let you hold him - but we shared a bond.


Fast forward 11 years. We have a friend who hunts. Scott and I have frequently asked this friend to take our cat "hunting." For almost a year we have been asking him. He said he would. And then he had a bonding experience with this cat. Now he refuses.

Dallin really loves this cat. He still can't say his name right. Maggie really loves this cat. She CAN say his name right.

Since we have all been sick and I have been tired and grumpy I really haven't paid any attention to where the cat was. Last night Scott asked me if I had seen him today. After I thought about it I couldn't say that I had seen him. Since when??? Has it just been that day? The day before??

Well - it's been for sure 36 hours or maybe 48 since we have seen our scare-dy cat. He isn't an outside cat. We are kind of thinking the worst. We are wondering how long it will take Dallin to notice that he doesn't have to re-fill the cat food. That is one of his daily chores. This morning wasn't the day. Hmmmm..... interesting. We have wondered how our children would react when he died. We just didn't expect it to be quite this soon. How am I going to react? I am just not sure.

I just hope he isn't holed up dead somewhere in our house and decomposing. I wouldn't be pleased. Not pleased at all...
***Edit*** He came back as I was fixing lunch today. I have to admit - I was a little disappointed...

4 comments:

Beefche said...

Ok, missy. After all the trouble we went through to get your cat to you....you better NEVER take him hunting.

I teared up reading that he was gone. You are a heartless wench!

Rachel said...

The cat came back, the very next day,... ha ha.

Robyn said...

I would be very sad if I couldn't visit Moroni next week. It will be a sad day when Moroni dies.

lindygirl said...

This made me laugh... you were all ready emotionally to say goodbye, and then he shows up again...
Darn those cats, they just keep coming back for food..