Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Not for the faint of heart....

I have been having people ask how my arm is and how I am doing. I thought I would give an update. Now this really isn't for those that might throw up a little in their mouth - ah-hem.....

This was on Saturday....
This was on Sunday....
This is tonight.....ICK! I went to the doctor and he said it was infected. If you look really hard you can see where Scott circled the red last night and that it has extended further outside the circle today.

What is the first thing I ask the doctor...?? IS THIS GOING TO SCAR??? I am so vain! He said it should only last a few years. Is that good to hear???

I am on a 10 day dose of some antibiotic. When I went to get the prescription filled the lady asked me to confirm my b-day. Then said, "Oh. Happy Birthday!"

So that is the arm situation.

For my birthday situation - I am another year older. Great. I found some more wrinkles around my eyes that I don't like... Ate way too much food today. But hey - it's my birthday!

Now on a cuter note - here are my kids!!!


Aren't they adorable? I love D in his little Wranglers. And I have NO idea what Maggie is doing here. These are my favorite presents... I love them!

Well - I am going to bed for my birthday. Goodnight!

6 comments:

The Gordon Clan said...

Happy birthday! I'm sorry your arm is so sore - I hope it gets feeling better soon.

lindygirl said...

Darn it I forgot to call. I am 0-2 this week.
Happy Belated birthday Monica!
We love you!
Sorry about your icky burn~

Tam said...

Isn't it fun with this happens on your birthday. On my 32nd I got extreme stomach flu. Lasted for a whole week, Michael was already living here and James was only 7 months old. I don't think I have ever been that sick. Just think in two years you will look at that scar and laugh while you tell the story. At least that is how long it took me to smile when I told mine!!!

I think that since you did get burned you should take a while week to enjoy your birthday. Enjoy every second!!! You work too hard not to.

Mandy H said...

Happy Birthday, hope it rocked! I cannot believe your arm got infected. Yikes! get well soon girlie.

Lisa Burbidge said...

Ok that is so not pretty, hopefully things will only look up from here. As far as age well don't look for that to be looking up!!!! HAHAHA. Happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday.

Your arm looks gross. I hope it gets better soon.

I expected your husband to comment on my blog this morning reversing the comment he made on mine several days ago. It was something about TCU not doing so well against Utah teams.

In case you didn't hear, TCU beat the hell outa BYU!! Utes are next!

A little supplication would be appreciated, Mr. Romney.