Monday, October 6, 2008

What a week!

What a week indeed! Maggie is going through something. I don't know what. I wish I knew how to get the voice memo off my phone and put it on here so you could hear her crying and having a fit that went along with these photos. I haven't posted anything in a week because this is pretty much what it's been. She is getting her 4 canine teeth at the same time - which can't be pleasant. And she woke up several times last week in the night with night terrors and was flailing all over her crib, wouldn't let me hold her, just was unhappy. So I left her in her crib to flail and scream. And she did that for over an hour each time.

This particular day she was just screaming and crying and wanted her "buleenky". So she was under the buleenky walking around, bumping into things and crying some more. Then she got smarter and started walking around with a hole to see out of.

And of course she couldn't throw her fit without an audience so she kept looking out from under her buleenky to make sure I was there. She didn't expect a camera to be in her face here.That was most every day last week. I was just plain tired come the end of the week. Then on Friday my friend asked me to come to her house to pick her raspberries. Who is going to turn down raspberries??!! So off I went with my kids. Maggie just ended her week fabulously! She was playing with the sliding doors on the van and shut her thumb in it. She wasn't pleased about that. Then I had taken the double stroller out of the van for her to sit in. She likes to sit in it for some reason. Just sit. Well, I wasn't watching her and she tried to climb up the back of the stroller with no one in the front. No one in the front means no weight to keep it down. No weight to keep it down means Maggie fell backwards, hitting her head on the stones on the driveway and had a double jogging stroller on top of her. Bad week... But I got a BUNCH of raspberries!!!!

One night last week Scott got me out of bed to look at this really gross spider that was building a web in front of our house. It was a HUGE web! ICK!
This weekend was General Conference. We went to Scott's parents on Sunday. Conference weekend always gets me in the mood for Christmas. And of course since we were pulling out of our street and saw the mountain tops covered in snow I feel like pulling out the Christmas music! I doubt that will fly though.

While we were at his parent's house I was called into the kitchen to see what Dallin had done. **SIDEBAR** My little neice doesn't say Maggie's full name correctly. She says it "Magulena". It is very cute. So now Dallin and his little friends call her Magulena too. **SIDEBAR DONE** I went into the kitchen and Dallin had ALL BY HIMSELF found the magnetic letters for her name! Isn't he a genius!!!???This is typically the stance by Sunday afternoon. This is being posted to ensure that Lulu doesn't get called as the General Relief Society President anytime soon! heheheheeee

We have these refineries close to our home. When Dallin was smaller he would look for them everytime we got on the freeway. He loved to look for the fires. Then when he was learning to count we would count them. He has lost interest in the for a long time but now there are lots of cranes in them and now he is interested in them again.

Now Maggie is interested in them. We were going to or coming home from the fair (this was shortly after her birthday and birthday cake) and she was blowing. We were trying to figure out why and looked in the direction that she was looking. She was trying to BLOW OUT THE CANDLES!It was absolutely hilarious! She has done it a few times since then too!

So now we are starting a new week. And I HOPE it really is a new week! I would really like to have a few days this week where she doesn't cry all the time! I guess we shall see. So far it's great! Oh that's right... she isn't up yet.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Poor Maggie and Monica. It's too bad she's not a cuddler. It would make it all better. Hopefully this week will be better.

Stephanie said...

I was wondering why there weren't any posts from you! You were too busy with Maggie!
Thanks for the update, hopefully it will get better.

Lisa Burbidge said...

Sounds like way to much fun at your house!!!

Anonymous said...

You are such an awesome Mom! Too bad Maggie was in such a bad mood...the blanket looks wonderful. Have you washed it?? Just curious! Just love her through all this....She's worth it! Love you all, Mom

lindygirl said...

Isn't being a mom rough sometimes? I had a bad day today, but hopefully it won't be a bad week. Cheer up and eat some raspberries! I am jealous!