Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sickness

Sickness has been abounding in our house. Last night the last of us started puking.

A week ago today Scott had an upset stomach. He came home from work and slept from 6 until the next morning. But then he was better by the time he got home from work on Wednesday. Thursday night my tummy started gurgling. I felt ill but was not puking. Got over it on Saturday.

Saturday night Maggie starts yacking. Now Maggie is a professional barfer. Yet she simply will NOT barf in the sink or bucket. She gets scared and must hold on to whoever the unlucky soul is who is holding her when the urge comes. Well - Saturday night that unlucky soul was daddy. She wouldn't have me for anything. I felt a tiny bit bad... as Scott was trying to pry her off him with his pointer and thumb with the rest of his fingers trying to stay as far away from her as possible. She threw up at 8. We put her to bed hoping that was the end of it. It wasn't. She did it again a little bit later needed a bath after that one. Put her to bed again and I went to ice cream with some friends. I came home within an hour and I open the door to blankets, sheet and towels at the door to the basement - ready to be decontaminated in the hottest water we can wash them in. Then I look on the couch and Scott is holding her. She had thrown up 5 times and had 2 baths. Now Scott doesn't do well with barf. He is a little too clean for it. So I think it would have been quite the sight to see. I asked him why he didn't call me. I would have come home. He said he didn't want me to think he couldn't handle it... :) When she finally got into a deep sleep we switched her into my arms to sleep and puke the rest of the night.

Not really thinking D was next... just hoping we were done, we went to the grocery store last night to pick up some pumpkins to carve and donuts to eat for family night. While we were there Dallin kept complaining of a hurting tummy. The fear kept creeping from the back of my mind to the front of it. But I kept trying to push it back. I was thoroughly exhausted and was looking forward to a good nights sleep.

Alas, it wasn't meant to be. As soon as we got home the fun started again. Luckily Dallin is old enough to get it in a bowl. We don't have quite the laundry. I felt so bad. He was afraid the barf was going to get stuck in his throat so he wouldn't be able to call for me. I assured him that my mommy super powers would allow me to hear him. And they did. All night long.

So I am once again - completely exhausted and grumpier than all get out. Sorry family. I do love you though.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie is really a daddy's girl at heart. I am not that grossed out by barf,anymore, I have gotten better and more use to it. It was the time that it ran down my leg that put me over the edge.

Anonymous said...

Oh Scott! You are an awesome husband and my favorite son-in-law! Barf running down my leg puts me over the edge too......Yuck! See you soon! Mom

Robyn said...

I must say you get a gold star sticker on your forehead for that one. That's disgusting. I probably would have started barfing along with Maggie.

lindygirl said...

I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you! Sorry about the puke. It is never fun. Hope you can get some rest!

Beefche said...

Awww, those mommy super powers are great.

Anonymous said...

oh yuck, hope ya'll feel better now and can enjoy Halloween!