Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Watermelon!

We got our only watermelon out of our garden last night. Everyday Dallin asks what we are going to do for family night that night. He isn't getting the fact that it's a one night a week gig... But that's ok.

So last night we broke open the watermelon in hopes that we didn't wait too long or that we didn't pick it too early!

It was JUST right!!!!
We are pretty sure she keeps her 1 year supply of food storage in there...
I also wanted to show you the beautiful apples we have on our tree! We didn't spray them and thought they would be terrible. But they are REALLY awesome! I can't wait for NEXT YEAR! We are going to spray!

5 more buckets off the tree today. My neighbor took 3 and I will be doing more I guess. I think I have taken a long enough break that I should get back into it again!

3 comments:

Tam said...

Wow not only did it look good to eat it looked good on the outside. You have got me thinking about pulling out all of our landscaping and plant a really big garden. Wouldn't that be something!!!

lindygirl said...

I am so jealous! The bugs got to our watermelons, pumpkins, and canteloupe. =(
Next year will be better...

The Hoogland Family said...

Hey if I can get a juicer from someone, I will trade you some grape juice from our vine for some of your delicious produce? What do you say?