Monday, February 9, 2009

And so... are the days... of our lives....

You ever had a day that just... well - it's just a day?? That would be today. We have had beautiful weather. The snow was almost melted... The kids were playing outside... Then this morning came.

Of course it's a busy morning. I have a job interview for some part time work, Dallin had karate and then I had to take the van in to see what it would be worth as a trade in. So I get up earlier than I have gotten up in a while to get ready. Scott comes in and says that it snowed. He goes out and shovels my side of the driveway before work.

I get in my heels and skirt and it is snowing. I mean coming down hard! Drop the kids at a friend's house. Go back to get Dallin. Barely get to karate. Go to the dealer. Get home. Finally, I pull into the driveway and my garage door doesn't go up. This isn't good.

So I figured out how to open the garage door pulling this red thing...


I got the door open and the van got stuck in the driveway...

Great....

I decided I had better change and get a fire going so we don't freeze. So I tromp out to the side of the house...


Get the wood brought into the garage....

Sorry Scott... It's not as neat as you would do it.

And then see a power company truck. I guess he was looking to see if lights were on.

They weren't....

So I get the fire going....

And think - this could be a fun day! No computer - No tv - No game cube! I even thought we could make mac and cheese on top of our fireplace stove!

Next it's time to dig out the van so I can get it into the garage... but before that I decided to give my kid a camera... He gets into taking pictures!




This one was Maggie's picture...



My kids and I are in the front yard shoveling and shoveling and shoveling. There haven't been any snowplows go down our street. So I am not cussing yet since my hard work isn't being negated by their throwing it BACK on my driveway.
We have in the past gotten hate mail from the postmaster general.... He says we don't keep our mailbox clear enough for the mailman truck to get to it. So I figure after the 1 hour spent on HALF of the driveway I would try to dig out the mailbox...

Didn't happen....
When we got back in, the power was back on and the kids wanted to watch a movie!!!! Heaven forbid the power be out for 3 hours so they can't have electronics on!!!!
So they had a picnic in the basement and watched Atlantis....


Despite how much I HATE snow - It really is beautiful!

I love how it clings to the branches of the trees!


And hangs off our bird bath...



Happy snow day everyone!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your colder weather and snow is coming this way! We've had such gorgeous weather since Saturday and wow---we have accomplished alot, putting Christmas stuff back in the garage attic, cleaning out the sauna and cleaning off the porch and recycling stuff! How did the job interview go? Sounds like a very busy (normal) day in the life of the Romney family! Love you, Mom

Tam said...

I can't believe you guys had snow today. We have had such a mild winter - I even had sandels on today!!! Are you sure you don't want to move?!?!?!?

I love your set up - at least you could survive quite nicely in your house. Last year our furnace broke and we were without heat for 3 days. It got to the low 40's in our house. We have a fireplace but it lets off no heat at all. It was soooo cold!!!