Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Winter Wonderland/Sickness

With 102.5 degree temperatures, midnight trips to Wee Care, screaming for hours on end and many sleepless nights in a row I am about at my wits end. We have been really sick around our house for about 5 days now. I am just grateful that I haven't gotten sick yet. I would like to have healthy kids before I get this wonderful germ.

Aren't those cheeks just sad??

Today we woke to lots and lots of snow. It started sometime in the night and hasn't stopped yet (4 pm). Dallin and I went out and tried to snow blow. But apparently I am lacking in the ability to get a snow blower to work... So we shoveled.

The thing about shoveling at this point in the season is that we have these HUGE mountains on either side of our driveway. So in order to clear the snow OFF the driveway you have to throw it on top of these enormous mountains. My 5 year old is really tall for his age. But here he posed for me.

Don't you love the boots?? I love that kid! I figure that since I am a fair weathered runner that this is my punishment of getting a workout.

Maggie was upset that she couldn't come out and help since she was only in a diaper. I told her to go get some clothes on and this is what she came out in.

Not gonna fly, baby... She got to stay in.

When we went out to take the pictures of Dallin in front of the snow mountains this is what I saw. How discouraging is that??

Didn't I just shovel????!!!

Here are some pictures of our backyard.



Won't it be nice when we can use this again??

And I can't wait to get this set up...

This was a 1 this afternoon.


This is at 4 this afternoon...


I'm thinking the birds aren't thrilled with us right now.


I just liked this picture...


This is what greeted me when I came in from shoveling. YAE!! She is finally sleeping!

Why can't she do this at night?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just loved the pix! Sorry about all the snow.....I know, I hate the snow too. I'm sorry about the 'germ'. I love the leopard blanket. That's the one we have too! Take care and try to get a good nights sleep tonight..Love you all! Mom Holcomb

Anonymous said...

way too much snow, but it is so pretty