Monday, April 28, 2008

FrontRunner

The train that goes from Ogden to Salt Lake (FrontRunner) opened over the weekend. It's free for the next couple of days. So I took my friend's kids and my kids downtown to have lunch and play in the fountains at the Gateway. (For you out of towners - the fountains at the Gateway: there is water that sprays up from the ground in this one area of an outside mall.) So we met our other friends and we get to the stop by our house - they obviously didn't plan for parking...

We ended up parking across the street. A busy street. SO I take kids that aren't mine and I have them j-walk. (Sorry Steff) We were running across the street and Dallin's shoe falls off. He runs back to get it and I am freaking out. I guess we should have gone up to the light. But it was a REALLY long way! So we just tightened up his sandals.

We got to the station and waited. And waited. And waited...


I guess we should have looked at the schedule on line before going. But then we finally got on the train and were on our way - along with the rest of Ogden, Roy, Layton, etc. It was PACKED! We were a huge crew too. Lasca, her hubby Brian, their 3 kids and 1 stroller, Lasca's niece and her baby and stroller, me, my 2 kids, my friend's 2 kids and a stroller. But we got there and got lunch at the food court.

We ran into my cute friend Amber with her 5 year old and 3 week old. It was SO random! SO fun! She of course looks fabulous for having just given birth and totally sleep deprived!

Oh - I didn't change Maggie's diaper before we left. By the time we got to Salt Lake - she was soaked. And so was I. And of course I didn't bring extra pants.

But - my friend Lasca who has a shopping problem has a daughter Maggie's age and went and bought her pants so Maggie could have them. Thanks Lasca!! I will get them washed and back to you!!

Then we were off to the fountains!!! It's 75 degrees and we are ready for some cooling off!!!!!!!

And then we were disappointed! They are being maintained and vacuumed until Thursday. How lame is that?? So we decided to play in the grass for a while.

I would love to be able to do that again~ oh wait ~ maybe I never could. I would love to be able to do that period!

And played in the little water that was flowing on the sides of the fountain.




Oh... what's that?

Oops... I guess that we ought not to play there. (Sorry Steff - again) So then we decided to go to the conference center.

This is my friend's little boy that was such a great helper with the stroller.


Mary is quite the helper too. She loves to push the stroller.

It was really cool in the conference center. (air conditioned) My friend we went with and her niece sat down while my friend's husband and I took the slew of kids around on the tour. Older couple missionaries are so funny! They kept telling us that we were just the cutest family!! So here is my "cute family".

By this time it is 4:15. We obviously didn't plan this well all the way around. We got to the train station just in time for rush hour with people going home from work. UGH!

All in all - we had a very fun day. I got fried again. But at least I didn't fry my kids! I got the SPF 50 on them. Just not me.... Oh well~

2 comments:

bechtold clan said...

Very random wasnt it? but super glad we did see eachother! how was the train? I forgot to ask you- do you think people will ride it?

Anonymous said...

Jaywalking! Frolicking in forbidden streams!? Man, are you sure my kids didn't hold up a convenience store too? Wait, don't answer that, I don't want to know! HA! Love ya! And we sooooooooooo got you back last night for your little 'present'! And we got Snickers out of the deal too. Aaah, guilt, it's a beautiful thing!!!
-ss