Saturday, April 5, 2008

Useless Information

So I have always spelled the word "weird" wrong. I just realized yesterday that I have done this probably my whole life. You learn in school the rule "i before e except after c". So I have always spelled it "wierd". It looks right to me. Of course it looks right - i before e except after c. Well, I was doing a spellcheck yesterday or maybe it was the day before. It was sometime this week anyhow. And it came up the other way. So just now I was IM-ing with my cute friend Karyssa and spelled the word properly. I turned to Scott and asked him that if the rule is "i before e except after c then why is weird spelled wrong?" He asked me, "What is the word?" I said, "Weird." I was typing to Karyssa and anxiously awaiting for the answer from him when I realized that he was saying that it's a weird word and that's why... A little bit of a blonde moment for me...

Another little tidbit of info. My son is SUCH the great problem solver! He asked if our house was old. I said Yes. He asked if we were going to stay in our old house for a while. I said, Yes. He asked, then are we going to move to Indiana? (this is where my parents own a home) I said, Well, if daddy can find a job out there then yes. But we have to be where daddy can have a job.

His solution: Well, daddy can just do grampa's job for him!

What a little problem solver!!!

1 comments:

Beefche said...

You're wierd, no matter how you spell it. :)

--your weirder (ok, now THAT does look odd) friend, Christine