Friday, August 15, 2008

County Fair

We went to the county fair tonight! It was fun! I haven't been to a fair in so long. One of my favorite songs is Chris LeDoux's County Fair (that's what you are listening to - atleast for the next day or 2 then it will be a song pertaining to THAT post!). We went with our friends Lasca, Brian and kids. We thought there would be a magic show, but it was a juggling act instead. That was fine until they brought out the knives and burning torches... UGH! My 4 year old was watching this!

My favorite thing about going to the fair is getting and eating a corn dog! YUM! I didn't remember we had the camera until after I had devoured it. So I didn't get a picture for you!

Another favorite thing about going to the fair is seeing the cute little kids in their cowboy getup! I LOVE this hat!!!

After the juggling act we went to a tent that had tarantulas, scorpions, snakes and the like. Pretty gross. But they also had this water thingy with ducks that the kids really liked.
Scott made me put this picture on. I think it's terrible. I HATE SNAKES!!!
Then we went to get the free pony rides. But there was a really big dog pooping instead. Oh well - we looked at the bunnies.
Lasca tried to get Dallin to have us buy him one. Didn't happen. Although they were very cute.

Then we thought we would ride a few rides. But we didn't want to spend the money. Poor little Maggie was dying to ride the little cars.

So we went to get some ice cream instead. The wind started blowing REALLY hard.
Then harder and harder. By the time we got to walking to our car the dirt was pelting us in the face and arms... Both Maggie and Dallin were screaming their heads off. Therefore there was dirt in their mouths too! But that isn't anything new for Maggie.
Well - we had a great time at the county fair!!!

5 comments:

lindygirl said...

We must have been thinking the same thing, except we went to the STATE fair!!!
No rides for us either.

Stinkbombers said...

Mom and I took Steve to the State Fair before we left Indiana and we ate all the ideal midwest food that steve won't get another chance to eat again for a long time. We had fun eating and eating. And we got this amazing picture taken and...well there's no explaining it. You'll just have to wait and see it...

Because it truly is...somethin else!

Stinkbombers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Fairs are fun! Glad you got to go...My favorite fair food is cotton candy and elephant ears! Too bad about the rides though ;(
Love you, Mom

Lisa Burbidge said...

got to love the fair!!! Hey if you ever want a rabbit I have over 40 in my back yard!!!!